News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Live chat customer service satisfaction rates high
The number of consumers currently using digital touchpoints for customer service is low compared to the use of traditional channels. However, higher satisfaction rates among digital users suggest consumers are likely to return to this channel again and again.
In a survey of 2,000 consumers for the latest Customer Service Benchmark report from eDigitalResearch, digital customer service channels such as live chat, email and social media were all ranked as the top three ways to contact a brand.
A quarter (26%) of the survey respondents had used live chat to communicate with a brand within the last 12 months and satisfaction rates were high. Three-quarters (73%) said they were 'extremely satisfied' or 'satisfied' with the level of service live chat afforded them.
The findings also revealed that today, 30% of consumers expect live chat to be an option to contact a company.
According to eDigitalResearch's commercial director, Derek Eccleston, the easier a company makes it for a consumer to contact a company the more satisfied that consumer will be with "no long-winded automated systems, repetitive hold music or lengthy waiting periods".
"Brands who are executing their live chat touch point well are clearly signaling to users when an customer service agent is available and how long they may have to wait, as well as allowing them to remain anonymous if needs be so that they can talk openly and honestly about their issues, queries or complaints," said Eccleston.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...