News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Live chat customer service satisfaction rates high
The number of consumers currently using digital touchpoints for customer service is low compared to the use of traditional channels. However, higher satisfaction rates among digital users suggest consumers are likely to return to this channel again and again.
In a survey of 2,000 consumers for the latest Customer Service Benchmark report from eDigitalResearch, digital customer service channels such as live chat, email and social media were all ranked as the top three ways to contact a brand.
A quarter (26%) of the survey respondents had used live chat to communicate with a brand within the last 12 months and satisfaction rates were high. Three-quarters (73%) said they were 'extremely satisfied' or 'satisfied' with the level of service live chat afforded them.
The findings also revealed that today, 30% of consumers expect live chat to be an option to contact a company.
According to eDigitalResearch's commercial director, Derek Eccleston, the easier a company makes it for a consumer to contact a company the more satisfied that consumer will be with "no long-winded automated systems, repetitive hold music or lengthy waiting periods".
"Brands who are executing their live chat touch point well are clearly signaling to users when an customer service agent is available and how long they may have to wait, as well as allowing them to remain anonymous if needs be so that they can talk openly and honestly about their issues, queries or complaints," said Eccleston.
Image via Shutterstock
- Excessive use of in-store beacon technology decreases app use
- Report urges brands to go their own way and sell direct
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...