News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Live chat customer service satisfaction rates high
The number of consumers currently using digital touchpoints for customer service is low compared to the use of traditional channels. However, higher satisfaction rates among digital users suggest consumers are likely to return to this channel again and again.
In a survey of 2,000 consumers for the latest Customer Service Benchmark report from eDigitalResearch, digital customer service channels such as live chat, email and social media were all ranked as the top three ways to contact a brand.
A quarter (26%) of the survey respondents had used live chat to communicate with a brand within the last 12 months and satisfaction rates were high. Three-quarters (73%) said they were 'extremely satisfied' or 'satisfied' with the level of service live chat afforded them.
The findings also revealed that today, 30% of consumers expect live chat to be an option to contact a company.
According to eDigitalResearch's commercial director, Derek Eccleston, the easier a company makes it for a consumer to contact a company the more satisfied that consumer will be with "no long-winded automated systems, repetitive hold music or lengthy waiting periods".
"Brands who are executing their live chat touch point well are clearly signaling to users when an customer service agent is available and how long they may have to wait, as well as allowing them to remain anonymous if needs be so that they can talk openly and honestly about their issues, queries or complaints," said Eccleston.
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...