News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Live chat customer service satisfaction rates high
The number of consumers currently using digital touchpoints for customer service is low compared to the use of traditional channels. However, higher satisfaction rates among digital users suggest consumers are likely to return to this channel again and again.
In a survey of 2,000 consumers for the latest Customer Service Benchmark report from eDigitalResearch, digital customer service channels such as live chat, email and social media were all ranked as the top three ways to contact a brand.
A quarter (26%) of the survey respondents had used live chat to communicate with a brand within the last 12 months and satisfaction rates were high. Three-quarters (73%) said they were 'extremely satisfied' or 'satisfied' with the level of service live chat afforded them.
The findings also revealed that today, 30% of consumers expect live chat to be an option to contact a company.
According to eDigitalResearch's commercial director, Derek Eccleston, the easier a company makes it for a consumer to contact a company the more satisfied that consumer will be with "no long-winded automated systems, repetitive hold music or lengthy waiting periods".
"Brands who are executing their live chat touch point well are clearly signaling to users when an customer service agent is available and how long they may have to wait, as well as allowing them to remain anonymous if needs be so that they can talk openly and honestly about their issues, queries or complaints," said Eccleston.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...