News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Live chat customer service satisfaction rates high
The number of consumers currently using digital touchpoints for customer service is low compared to the use of traditional channels. However, higher satisfaction rates among digital users suggest consumers are likely to return to this channel again and again.
In a survey of 2,000 consumers for the latest Customer Service Benchmark report from eDigitalResearch, digital customer service channels such as live chat, email and social media were all ranked as the top three ways to contact a brand.
A quarter (26%) of the survey respondents had used live chat to communicate with a brand within the last 12 months and satisfaction rates were high. Three-quarters (73%) said they were 'extremely satisfied' or 'satisfied' with the level of service live chat afforded them.
The findings also revealed that today, 30% of consumers expect live chat to be an option to contact a company.
According to eDigitalResearch's commercial director, Derek Eccleston, the easier a company makes it for a consumer to contact a company the more satisfied that consumer will be with "no long-winded automated systems, repetitive hold music or lengthy waiting periods".
"Brands who are executing their live chat touch point well are clearly signaling to users when an customer service agent is available and how long they may have to wait, as well as allowing them to remain anonymous if needs be so that they can talk openly and honestly about their issues, queries or complaints," said Eccleston.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...