News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn reveals buying power of 'Prosumers'
Research from LinkedIn, released this week, reveals that its members are an attractive audience for marketers with more buying power and influence than other social network users.
The buying power of professionals using LinkedIn is markedly higher than those on other social networks, says LinkedIn. Patti Cox has dubbed LinkedIn's 300 million members as "Prosumers".
LinkedIn's research found that Prosumers spend $2,000 - $3,000 per year on vacations, $839 per year on clothing, are 152% more likely to be a frequent flyer and 41% more likely to have spent $30,000 or more on their last vehicle purchase.
Not only are they brand conscious, but they are willing to pay more to purchase from a brand they trust and are 152% more likely to be active in online conversations.
According to LinkedIn's Patti Cox, the way for marketers to build trust with Prosumers is via content. In 2013, nearly three-quarters (71%) of B2C marketers distributed content via LinkedIn and, according to HubSpot, over half (51%) of brands on the professional social network acquired a B2C customer via their presence on the network.
Image via Shutterstock
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...