News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn reveals buying power of 'Prosumers'
Research from LinkedIn, released this week, reveals that its members are an attractive audience for marketers with more buying power and influence than other social network users.
The buying power of professionals using LinkedIn is markedly higher than those on other social networks, says LinkedIn. Patti Cox has dubbed LinkedIn's 300 million members as "Prosumers".
LinkedIn's research found that Prosumers spend $2,000 - $3,000 per year on vacations, $839 per year on clothing, are 152% more likely to be a frequent flyer and 41% more likely to have spent $30,000 or more on their last vehicle purchase.
Not only are they brand conscious, but they are willing to pay more to purchase from a brand they trust and are 152% more likely to be active in online conversations.
According to LinkedIn's Patti Cox, the way for marketers to build trust with Prosumers is via content. In 2013, nearly three-quarters (71%) of B2C marketers distributed content via LinkedIn and, according to HubSpot, over half (51%) of brands on the professional social network acquired a B2C customer via their presence on the network.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...