News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn reveals buying power of 'Prosumers'
Research from LinkedIn, released this week, reveals that its members are an attractive audience for marketers with more buying power and influence than other social network users.
The buying power of professionals using LinkedIn is markedly higher than those on other social networks, says LinkedIn. Patti Cox has dubbed LinkedIn's 300 million members as "Prosumers".
LinkedIn's research found that Prosumers spend $2,000 - $3,000 per year on vacations, $839 per year on clothing, are 152% more likely to be a frequent flyer and 41% more likely to have spent $30,000 or more on their last vehicle purchase.
Not only are they brand conscious, but they are willing to pay more to purchase from a brand they trust and are 152% more likely to be active in online conversations.
According to LinkedIn's Patti Cox, the way for marketers to build trust with Prosumers is via content. In 2013, nearly three-quarters (71%) of B2C marketers distributed content via LinkedIn and, according to HubSpot, over half (51%) of brands on the professional social network acquired a B2C customer via their presence on the network.
Image via Shutterstock
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
- Top 3 tips to win with social this holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...
- Motivations in the Marketing Mix
Direct targeting of consumers based on their motivations increased message relevance....
- 10 New Ways to Think About Affiliate Marketing Best Practices
Affiliate marketing is big business and it is poised to grow to $4.5 billion by 2016. While affiliate marketing is...
- Create Conversations, not Campaigns
Nobody wants to get blasted. Commercial email marketing has evolved out of the traditional direct-mail mindset, which is all about...