News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn reveals buying power of 'Prosumers'
Research from LinkedIn, released this week, reveals that its members are an attractive audience for marketers with more buying power and influence than other social network users.
The buying power of professionals using LinkedIn is markedly higher than those on other social networks, says LinkedIn. Patti Cox has dubbed LinkedIn's 300 million members as "Prosumers".
LinkedIn's research found that Prosumers spend $2,000 - $3,000 per year on vacations, $839 per year on clothing, are 152% more likely to be a frequent flyer and 41% more likely to have spent $30,000 or more on their last vehicle purchase.
Not only are they brand conscious, but they are willing to pay more to purchase from a brand they trust and are 152% more likely to be active in online conversations.
According to LinkedIn's Patti Cox, the way for marketers to build trust with Prosumers is via content. In 2013, nearly three-quarters (71%) of B2C marketers distributed content via LinkedIn and, according to HubSpot, over half (51%) of brands on the professional social network acquired a B2C customer via their presence on the network.
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...