News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn reveals buying power of 'Prosumers'
Research from LinkedIn, released this week, reveals that its members are an attractive audience for marketers with more buying power and influence than other social network users.
The buying power of professionals using LinkedIn is markedly higher than those on other social networks, says LinkedIn. Patti Cox has dubbed LinkedIn's 300 million members as "Prosumers".
LinkedIn's research found that Prosumers spend $2,000 - $3,000 per year on vacations, $839 per year on clothing, are 152% more likely to be a frequent flyer and 41% more likely to have spent $30,000 or more on their last vehicle purchase.
Not only are they brand conscious, but they are willing to pay more to purchase from a brand they trust and are 152% more likely to be active in online conversations.
According to LinkedIn's Patti Cox, the way for marketers to build trust with Prosumers is via content. In 2013, nearly three-quarters (71%) of B2C marketers distributed content via LinkedIn and, according to HubSpot, over half (51%) of brands on the professional social network acquired a B2C customer via their presence on the network.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....