News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn introduces language and geographical targeting features
LinkedIn recently celebrated hitting the 300 million milestone reaching professionals in more than 200 countries and territories. Two-thirds (67%) of LinkedIn members currently reside outside the U.S. with the network recently reaching another milestone in surpassing more than 100 million members in the U.S. It's little surprise, then, to see language and geographical targeting introduced.
Just this week, LinkedIn has introduced new features that allow companies to target audiences by language preference and geographical location.
Targeting by language preference works by showing specific updates, in a specific language, only to LinkedIn members that have that language set as their default.
Geographical targeting allows companies to set specific updates to be shown in specific regions. For example, a U.S. based company targeting Portuguese-speaking professionals in Brazil can now share updates in Portuguese with followers who have selected it as their preferred language on LinkedIn.
"With these features, global companies can have a more relevant exchange with their unique audiences," writes LinkedIn Product Manager Aviad Pinkovezky. "Combined, they ensure that our members see the messages meant for them, written in the language they want to consume on LinkedIn."
Later this year, LinkedIn will hit another milestone when mobile accounts for more than half of all global traffic as more people login from a device other than their desktop computer. Already the network sees 15 million profile views, 1.45 million job views and 44,000 job applications in over 200 countries viewed via mobile.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
- Facebook enables ad targeting by connection speed
- UK: Lousy public holiday weather drives take-out food search surge
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...