News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn introduces language and geographical targeting features
LinkedIn recently celebrated hitting the 300 million milestone reaching professionals in more than 200 countries and territories. Two-thirds (67%) of LinkedIn members currently reside outside the U.S. with the network recently reaching another milestone in surpassing more than 100 million members in the U.S. It's little surprise, then, to see language and geographical targeting introduced.
Just this week, LinkedIn has introduced new features that allow companies to target audiences by language preference and geographical location.
Targeting by language preference works by showing specific updates, in a specific language, only to LinkedIn members that have that language set as their default.
Geographical targeting allows companies to set specific updates to be shown in specific regions. For example, a U.S. based company targeting Portuguese-speaking professionals in Brazil can now share updates in Portuguese with followers who have selected it as their preferred language on LinkedIn.
"With these features, global companies can have a more relevant exchange with their unique audiences," writes LinkedIn Product Manager Aviad Pinkovezky. "Combined, they ensure that our members see the messages meant for them, written in the language they want to consume on LinkedIn."
Later this year, LinkedIn will hit another milestone when mobile accounts for more than half of all global traffic as more people login from a device other than their desktop computer. Already the network sees 15 million profile views, 1.45 million job views and 44,000 job applications in over 200 countries viewed via mobile.
Image via Shutterstock
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...