News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn introduces language and geographical targeting features
LinkedIn recently celebrated hitting the 300 million milestone reaching professionals in more than 200 countries and territories. Two-thirds (67%) of LinkedIn members currently reside outside the U.S. with the network recently reaching another milestone in surpassing more than 100 million members in the U.S. It's little surprise, then, to see language and geographical targeting introduced.
Just this week, LinkedIn has introduced new features that allow companies to target audiences by language preference and geographical location.
Targeting by language preference works by showing specific updates, in a specific language, only to LinkedIn members that have that language set as their default.
Geographical targeting allows companies to set specific updates to be shown in specific regions. For example, a U.S. based company targeting Portuguese-speaking professionals in Brazil can now share updates in Portuguese with followers who have selected it as their preferred language on LinkedIn.
"With these features, global companies can have a more relevant exchange with their unique audiences," writes LinkedIn Product Manager Aviad Pinkovezky. "Combined, they ensure that our members see the messages meant for them, written in the language they want to consume on LinkedIn."
Later this year, LinkedIn will hit another milestone when mobile accounts for more than half of all global traffic as more people login from a device other than their desktop computer. Already the network sees 15 million profile views, 1.45 million job views and 44,000 job applications in over 200 countries viewed via mobile.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...