News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn introduces language and geographical targeting features
LinkedIn recently celebrated hitting the 300 million milestone reaching professionals in more than 200 countries and territories. Two-thirds (67%) of LinkedIn members currently reside outside the U.S. with the network recently reaching another milestone in surpassing more than 100 million members in the U.S. It's little surprise, then, to see language and geographical targeting introduced.
Just this week, LinkedIn has introduced new features that allow companies to target audiences by language preference and geographical location.
Targeting by language preference works by showing specific updates, in a specific language, only to LinkedIn members that have that language set as their default.
Geographical targeting allows companies to set specific updates to be shown in specific regions. For example, a U.S. based company targeting Portuguese-speaking professionals in Brazil can now share updates in Portuguese with followers who have selected it as their preferred language on LinkedIn.
"With these features, global companies can have a more relevant exchange with their unique audiences," writes LinkedIn Product Manager Aviad Pinkovezky. "Combined, they ensure that our members see the messages meant for them, written in the language they want to consume on LinkedIn."
Later this year, LinkedIn will hit another milestone when mobile accounts for more than half of all global traffic as more people login from a device other than their desktop computer. Already the network sees 15 million profile views, 1.45 million job views and 44,000 job applications in over 200 countries viewed via mobile.
Image via Shutterstock
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...