News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn introduces language and geographical targeting features
LinkedIn recently celebrated hitting the 300 million milestone reaching professionals in more than 200 countries and territories. Two-thirds (67%) of LinkedIn members currently reside outside the U.S. with the network recently reaching another milestone in surpassing more than 100 million members in the U.S. It's little surprise, then, to see language and geographical targeting introduced.
Just this week, LinkedIn has introduced new features that allow companies to target audiences by language preference and geographical location.
Targeting by language preference works by showing specific updates, in a specific language, only to LinkedIn members that have that language set as their default.
Geographical targeting allows companies to set specific updates to be shown in specific regions. For example, a U.S. based company targeting Portuguese-speaking professionals in Brazil can now share updates in Portuguese with followers who have selected it as their preferred language on LinkedIn.
"With these features, global companies can have a more relevant exchange with their unique audiences," writes LinkedIn Product Manager Aviad Pinkovezky. "Combined, they ensure that our members see the messages meant for them, written in the language they want to consume on LinkedIn."
Later this year, LinkedIn will hit another milestone when mobile accounts for more than half of all global traffic as more people login from a device other than their desktop computer. Already the network sees 15 million profile views, 1.45 million job views and 44,000 job applications in over 200 countries viewed via mobile.
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...