News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Launch brings monetization to mobile screens
Over the past eighteen months brands have been looking for new ways to monetize consumers' oft-used mobile devices. Home and lock screen monetization is one of the areas getting a lot of buzz - because those screens are two of the most seen screens and don't rely on mobile consumers being inside an app or browser window to be seen.
A new release from Mobile Posse is bringing a new kind of ad to both brands and consumers - and in a new place, as well. This week the mobile messaging brand is launching a push messaging platform that keys in to mobile users home and lock screens. Called AppEnvoy Rewards and AppEnvoy Custom, the Mobile Posse offerings allow publishers to push ads and content direct to mobile users home or lock screens without attached fees.
"App publishers are always looking for innovative ways to monetize their apps. For the first time, AppEnvoy Rewards offers a free push messaging solution that actually pays app publishers to grow their user engagement," said Mobile Posse CEO Jon Jackson. "It gives them the opportunity to bring their apps to the forefront of the mobile experience, enticing more people to engage and creating a new revenue stream."
Here's how it works: the mobile users is served push messaging based on their activity and location, making the content both relevant and timely. Ads are included with the push notifications, zeroing out the need to charge publishers for the pushed content. Publishers are then paid based on ad revenue generated from the messaged ad/content.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...