News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Launch brings monetization to mobile screens
Over the past eighteen months brands have been looking for new ways to monetize consumers' oft-used mobile devices. Home and lock screen monetization is one of the areas getting a lot of buzz - because those screens are two of the most seen screens and don't rely on mobile consumers being inside an app or browser window to be seen.
A new release from Mobile Posse is bringing a new kind of ad to both brands and consumers - and in a new place, as well. This week the mobile messaging brand is launching a push messaging platform that keys in to mobile users home and lock screens. Called AppEnvoy Rewards and AppEnvoy Custom, the Mobile Posse offerings allow publishers to push ads and content direct to mobile users home or lock screens without attached fees.
"App publishers are always looking for innovative ways to monetize their apps. For the first time, AppEnvoy Rewards offers a free push messaging solution that actually pays app publishers to grow their user engagement," said Mobile Posse CEO Jon Jackson. "It gives them the opportunity to bring their apps to the forefront of the mobile experience, enticing more people to engage and creating a new revenue stream."
Here's how it works: the mobile users is served push messaging based on their activity and location, making the content both relevant and timely. Ads are included with the push notifications, zeroing out the need to charge publishers for the pushed content. Publishers are then paid based on ad revenue generated from the messaged ad/content.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...