News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Launch brings monetization to mobile screens
Over the past eighteen months brands have been looking for new ways to monetize consumers' oft-used mobile devices. Home and lock screen monetization is one of the areas getting a lot of buzz - because those screens are two of the most seen screens and don't rely on mobile consumers being inside an app or browser window to be seen.
A new release from Mobile Posse is bringing a new kind of ad to both brands and consumers - and in a new place, as well. This week the mobile messaging brand is launching a push messaging platform that keys in to mobile users home and lock screens. Called AppEnvoy Rewards and AppEnvoy Custom, the Mobile Posse offerings allow publishers to push ads and content direct to mobile users home or lock screens without attached fees.
"App publishers are always looking for innovative ways to monetize their apps. For the first time, AppEnvoy Rewards offers a free push messaging solution that actually pays app publishers to grow their user engagement," said Mobile Posse CEO Jon Jackson. "It gives them the opportunity to bring their apps to the forefront of the mobile experience, enticing more people to engage and creating a new revenue stream."
Here's how it works: the mobile users is served push messaging based on their activity and location, making the content both relevant and timely. Ads are included with the push notifications, zeroing out the need to charge publishers for the pushed content. Publishers are then paid based on ad revenue generated from the messaged ad/content.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...