News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Is Deal ID a good option for your brand?
Both private exchanges and Deal ID advertising options rely on a bid protocol and limited participation, but Deal ID has fixed prices and private exchanges don't. A typical private exchange involves one publisher with restrictions on buyer access and price floors. The question is: when might Deal ID be right for your brand?
Kristina: Deal ID ad buying options are fixed price, but not quite the same ad guaranteed inventory. How does that work?
Richard Jalichandra, iSocket CEO: Deal ID lets you programmatically execute fixed-price deals with a specific buyer, on a non-guaranteed basis. Deal ID buys are still technically auctions (like open RTB, which you are probably more familiar with), but you can encode specific buyer information into the buy, which lets you set specific pricing and inventory access for every one of your buyers. Unlike automated reserved, there's no guarantee with deal IDs--you commit to a price, and provide access to inventory, but there's no mechanism for securing an upfront commitment from a buyer before a deal is executed.
Kristina: Why use deal ID?
Richard: With buyers clamoring for programmatic access, many publishers have had to get creative with ways to provide access, without eroding control over who can which inventory at which price. Deal IDs are one way to let buyers access inventory programmatically, while preserving price and inventory controls. Campaigns still need to be manually added into the ad server, unlike automated reserved which is directly integrated.
You can read part one of my chat with Richard Jalichandra, including his overview of the different ad options, here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
- IAB: No YoY rise in UK ad-blocking
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
- Top 3 tips to strengthen travel-based ad strategy
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...