News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Is Deal ID a good option for your brand?
Both private exchanges and Deal ID advertising options rely on a bid protocol and limited participation, but Deal ID has fixed prices and private exchanges don't. A typical private exchange involves one publisher with restrictions on buyer access and price floors. The question is: when might Deal ID be right for your brand?
Kristina: Deal ID ad buying options are fixed price, but not quite the same ad guaranteed inventory. How does that work?
Richard Jalichandra, iSocket CEO: Deal ID lets you programmatically execute fixed-price deals with a specific buyer, on a non-guaranteed basis. Deal ID buys are still technically auctions (like open RTB, which you are probably more familiar with), but you can encode specific buyer information into the buy, which lets you set specific pricing and inventory access for every one of your buyers. Unlike automated reserved, there's no guarantee with deal IDs--you commit to a price, and provide access to inventory, but there's no mechanism for securing an upfront commitment from a buyer before a deal is executed.
Kristina: Why use deal ID?
Richard: With buyers clamoring for programmatic access, many publishers have had to get creative with ways to provide access, without eroding control over who can which inventory at which price. Deal IDs are one way to let buyers access inventory programmatically, while preserving price and inventory controls. Campaigns still need to be manually added into the ad server, unlike automated reserved which is directly integrated.
You can read part one of my chat with Richard Jalichandra, including his overview of the different ad options, here.
Image via Shutterstock
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...