News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Is Deal ID a good option for your brand?
Both private exchanges and Deal ID advertising options rely on a bid protocol and limited participation, but Deal ID has fixed prices and private exchanges don't. A typical private exchange involves one publisher with restrictions on buyer access and price floors. The question is: when might Deal ID be right for your brand?
Kristina: Deal ID ad buying options are fixed price, but not quite the same ad guaranteed inventory. How does that work?
Richard Jalichandra, iSocket CEO: Deal ID lets you programmatically execute fixed-price deals with a specific buyer, on a non-guaranteed basis. Deal ID buys are still technically auctions (like open RTB, which you are probably more familiar with), but you can encode specific buyer information into the buy, which lets you set specific pricing and inventory access for every one of your buyers. Unlike automated reserved, there's no guarantee with deal IDs--you commit to a price, and provide access to inventory, but there's no mechanism for securing an upfront commitment from a buyer before a deal is executed.
Kristina: Why use deal ID?
Richard: With buyers clamoring for programmatic access, many publishers have had to get creative with ways to provide access, without eroding control over who can which inventory at which price. Deal IDs are one way to let buyers access inventory programmatically, while preserving price and inventory controls. Campaigns still need to be manually added into the ad server, unlike automated reserved which is directly integrated.
You can read part one of my chat with Richard Jalichandra, including his overview of the different ad options, here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
- Facebook: 2 million advertisers milestone and new mobile ad manager
- Alternative to Dropbox and Box
- Use response to welcome emails to predict future subscriber engagement
- Ecommerce saves Brits 200 million miles in shopping trips per week
Featured White Papers
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...