News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Is Deal ID a good option for your brand?
Both private exchanges and Deal ID advertising options rely on a bid protocol and limited participation, but Deal ID has fixed prices and private exchanges don't. A typical private exchange involves one publisher with restrictions on buyer access and price floors. The question is: when might Deal ID be right for your brand?
Kristina: Deal ID ad buying options are fixed price, but not quite the same ad guaranteed inventory. How does that work?
Richard Jalichandra, iSocket CEO: Deal ID lets you programmatically execute fixed-price deals with a specific buyer, on a non-guaranteed basis. Deal ID buys are still technically auctions (like open RTB, which you are probably more familiar with), but you can encode specific buyer information into the buy, which lets you set specific pricing and inventory access for every one of your buyers. Unlike automated reserved, there's no guarantee with deal IDs--you commit to a price, and provide access to inventory, but there's no mechanism for securing an upfront commitment from a buyer before a deal is executed.
Kristina: Why use deal ID?
Richard: With buyers clamoring for programmatic access, many publishers have had to get creative with ways to provide access, without eroding control over who can which inventory at which price. Deal IDs are one way to let buyers access inventory programmatically, while preserving price and inventory controls. Campaigns still need to be manually added into the ad server, unlike automated reserved which is directly integrated.
You can read part one of my chat with Richard Jalichandra, including his overview of the different ad options, here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...