News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Is Deal ID a good option for your brand?
Both private exchanges and Deal ID advertising options rely on a bid protocol and limited participation, but Deal ID has fixed prices and private exchanges don't. A typical private exchange involves one publisher with restrictions on buyer access and price floors. The question is: when might Deal ID be right for your brand?
Kristina: Deal ID ad buying options are fixed price, but not quite the same ad guaranteed inventory. How does that work?
Richard Jalichandra, iSocket CEO: Deal ID lets you programmatically execute fixed-price deals with a specific buyer, on a non-guaranteed basis. Deal ID buys are still technically auctions (like open RTB, which you are probably more familiar with), but you can encode specific buyer information into the buy, which lets you set specific pricing and inventory access for every one of your buyers. Unlike automated reserved, there's no guarantee with deal IDs--you commit to a price, and provide access to inventory, but there's no mechanism for securing an upfront commitment from a buyer before a deal is executed.
Kristina: Why use deal ID?
Richard: With buyers clamoring for programmatic access, many publishers have had to get creative with ways to provide access, without eroding control over who can which inventory at which price. Deal IDs are one way to let buyers access inventory programmatically, while preserving price and inventory controls. Campaigns still need to be manually added into the ad server, unlike automated reserved which is directly integrated.
You can read part one of my chat with Richard Jalichandra, including his overview of the different ad options, here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
Featured White Papers
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...