News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Instagram-style images in ads outperform glossy studio shots
Instagram-style images have been found to outperform studio-shot glossy product photos, according to new research carried out by social media agency Laundry Service.
When agency Laundry Service analyzed data from 100 million impressions, across advertising campaigns from over 15 advertisers, to compare creative using Instagram- style images with those shot in a studio, the results were quite clear. The "organic" content of the Instagram shots outperformed studio images in terms of both click-through rate and conversion to sales.
While ads using studio creative saw click-through rates of 2.35%, those using Instagram-style shots reached as high as 8%. Furthermore, ads using Instagram-style shots saw conversion rates rise by 25%.
According to Jason Stein, president and founder of Laundry Service, finding the "organic" image type found on Instagram is "the biggest challenge" for brands he works with.
"You can't shoot Instagram content in a studio because it can't be a glossy, perfectly lit product shot," Stein told Forbes. "That stuff just doesn't work on social media because it doesn't have any social context. You have to be a real person with a real point of view."
That's why Laundry Service has launched a new division - Cycle - which will "which will create and amplify Instagram content for the world's top advertisers". Over the next year, Cycle will sign up hundreds of popular Instagram creators, all selected for their "amazing content, high engagement rate, and a specific niche or style".
"Cycle helps crack Instagram for brands and agencies, providing a scalable solution to organic content and distribution," says Stein. "Content from the Cycle network will also play a crucial role in the success of marketing campaigns on other social channels, and even offline."
Image via Shutterstock
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...