News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Infographic: How to create loyal Millennial shoppers
Millennials may be young but that isn't stopping their spending power. Or their willingness to shop online, in-store or while commuting via a mobile device. This has many retailers wondering how to best connect with the demographic; a new infographic from PunchTab sheds light on the trend.
Millennials are a large portion of the US population - about 25% and counting - and they are loyal. According to new data out from PunchTab about three-quarters (74%) of female Millennials and half (52%) of male Millennials are part of fashion-based loyalty shopping programs.
They like to shop, they're willing to part with their money and spend about $600 billion cumulatively each year. What's more they are active on social media, tweeting and re-tweeting favorite brands and telling friends about the deals they've found. This makes Millennials one of the key demographics for retailers. So what to Millennials want?
They want rewards.
• 34% post product reviews when rewarded
• 63% join loyalty programs for incentives
• 43% buy other branded products when rewarded
Millennials are incredibly savvy about finding information - whether for work, play or shopping - online. In shopping, they are looking for deals and just over half (51%) say the rewards they most want are for exclusive access - pre-sale notifications, etc. They also like expedited check-outs and the ability to transfer points across programs.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• More than 70% find recommendations from online shopping sites or friends/family
• About half find recommendations on branded websites or social media
• Only about one-third share recs on sites but two-thirds share with friends/family
• About half share via social networks
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...