News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to better use audience data to target
We are seeing more and more local brands spend more on advertising to stay relevant and top of mind with their local consumer base. At the same time more national and regional brands are pushing dollars into the local ad space. All of this attention could cause a glut and have consumers turning away - unless the targeting is right.
Many advertisers are sitting on tremendous amounts of data, but are not sure what to do with it. The first step brand advertisers should take is to strategize how to bring their offline data online.
"They should test various offerings or consumer messages with different audiences. The beauty of digital is the ability to try new things with little risk. Mobile location data has never been more precise or abundant, re-targeting is readily available, and local publishers are sitting on a wealth of first-party data from their local reader base. Brands can keep pushing the envelope with different tactics to build loyal customers," said Katie Risch, SVP of Publisher Development, Centro.
From there, brands need to focus on retargeting those shoppers who may have visited but not purchased a product. This can be done through retargeting campaigns as well as weekly/monthly 'offerings' to email and other lists.
Finally, Risch says it is time to look to cross-channel and device attribution so that brands can 'see' how their customers are arriving on-site and from which devices.
"Local sales organizations who are talking to advertisers about integrated (device and channel) campaigns are one step in the right direction. Advertisers will win on the cross-channel and device attribution front by continuing to develop products and services with features such as enhanced dashboard reporting, becoming well-versed in web analytics and utilizing real-time bidding for direct-response focused campaigns," said Risch.
Image via Shutterstock
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...