News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to better use audience data to target
We are seeing more and more local brands spend more on advertising to stay relevant and top of mind with their local consumer base. At the same time more national and regional brands are pushing dollars into the local ad space. All of this attention could cause a glut and have consumers turning away - unless the targeting is right.
Many advertisers are sitting on tremendous amounts of data, but are not sure what to do with it. The first step brand advertisers should take is to strategize how to bring their offline data online.
"They should test various offerings or consumer messages with different audiences. The beauty of digital is the ability to try new things with little risk. Mobile location data has never been more precise or abundant, re-targeting is readily available, and local publishers are sitting on a wealth of first-party data from their local reader base. Brands can keep pushing the envelope with different tactics to build loyal customers," said Katie Risch, SVP of Publisher Development, Centro.
From there, brands need to focus on retargeting those shoppers who may have visited but not purchased a product. This can be done through retargeting campaigns as well as weekly/monthly 'offerings' to email and other lists.
Finally, Risch says it is time to look to cross-channel and device attribution so that brands can 'see' how their customers are arriving on-site and from which devices.
"Local sales organizations who are talking to advertisers about integrated (device and channel) campaigns are one step in the right direction. Advertisers will win on the cross-channel and device attribution front by continuing to develop products and services with features such as enhanced dashboard reporting, becoming well-versed in web analytics and utilizing real-time bidding for direct-response focused campaigns," said Risch.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...