News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to better use audience data to target
We are seeing more and more local brands spend more on advertising to stay relevant and top of mind with their local consumer base. At the same time more national and regional brands are pushing dollars into the local ad space. All of this attention could cause a glut and have consumers turning away - unless the targeting is right.
Many advertisers are sitting on tremendous amounts of data, but are not sure what to do with it. The first step brand advertisers should take is to strategize how to bring their offline data online.
"They should test various offerings or consumer messages with different audiences. The beauty of digital is the ability to try new things with little risk. Mobile location data has never been more precise or abundant, re-targeting is readily available, and local publishers are sitting on a wealth of first-party data from their local reader base. Brands can keep pushing the envelope with different tactics to build loyal customers," said Katie Risch, SVP of Publisher Development, Centro.
From there, brands need to focus on retargeting those shoppers who may have visited but not purchased a product. This can be done through retargeting campaigns as well as weekly/monthly 'offerings' to email and other lists.
Finally, Risch says it is time to look to cross-channel and device attribution so that brands can 'see' how their customers are arriving on-site and from which devices.
"Local sales organizations who are talking to advertisers about integrated (device and channel) campaigns are one step in the right direction. Advertisers will win on the cross-channel and device attribution front by continuing to develop products and services with features such as enhanced dashboard reporting, becoming well-versed in web analytics and utilizing real-time bidding for direct-response focused campaigns," said Risch.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...