News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How on-site reviews give back to shoppers
Should online retailers make reviews a focal point on their website? It's a question more and more etailers are asking as they try to make a bigger impact on shoppers. According to one expert - definitely, and here's why.
Kristina: What is the big deal about on-site review links or quotes?
Jan Vels Jensen, Chief Marketing Officer, Trustpilot: According to a study conducted by Search Engine Land, 72 percent of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations. By displaying reviews on their websites, online retailers send a positive signal to potential customers that they care about service and can be trusted to deliver their products as advertised. Any retailer can differentiate itself from the competition by displaying customer testimonials, which are key decision-making criteria, front and center on her site.
Kristina: What is the impact of authentic customer reviews?
Jan: Sites that feature authentic customer reviews tend to convert visitors into buyers more than sites that don't. Research shows that 90 percent of consumers have had a buying decision influenced by a positive online review.
Kristina: What does this kind of content 'give back' to brands?
Jan: online reviews give brands valuable insight by providing real-time customer feedback. Take Zappo's, for example. The brand is "powered by service," so it, or any other brand whose reputation hinges on stellar customer service, will want to know right away if there are any threats to that perception and if it is in fact delivering on the brand promise. Online review platforms allow brands to keep their ears to the ground, hear from their customers first hand, and respond to those reviews in real time.
More from Jan and TrustPilot tomorrow, including how retailers can ensure reviews are seen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...