News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How on-site reviews give back to shoppers
Should online retailers make reviews a focal point on their website? It's a question more and more etailers are asking as they try to make a bigger impact on shoppers. According to one expert - definitely, and here's why.
Kristina: What is the big deal about on-site review links or quotes?
Jan Vels Jensen, Chief Marketing Officer, Trustpilot: According to a study conducted by Search Engine Land, 72 percent of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations. By displaying reviews on their websites, online retailers send a positive signal to potential customers that they care about service and can be trusted to deliver their products as advertised. Any retailer can differentiate itself from the competition by displaying customer testimonials, which are key decision-making criteria, front and center on her site.
Kristina: What is the impact of authentic customer reviews?
Jan: Sites that feature authentic customer reviews tend to convert visitors into buyers more than sites that don't. Research shows that 90 percent of consumers have had a buying decision influenced by a positive online review.
Kristina: What does this kind of content 'give back' to brands?
Jan: online reviews give brands valuable insight by providing real-time customer feedback. Take Zappo's, for example. The brand is "powered by service," so it, or any other brand whose reputation hinges on stellar customer service, will want to know right away if there are any threats to that perception and if it is in fact delivering on the brand promise. Online review platforms allow brands to keep their ears to the ground, hear from their customers first hand, and respond to those reviews in real time.
More from Jan and TrustPilot tomorrow, including how retailers can ensure reviews are seen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Black Friday, Millennials, shopping, standing in line and... spiders
- Amazon strikes a pose with huge fashion photography studio in London
- How does $1-$3 per month sound for an ad-free Internet experience?
- Study: How mobiles are influencing moms
- Survey: SMBs drawing a line at Thanksgiving
- Is free enterprise search a game-changer?
- Expert: How mobile is changing customer relationships
- Prediction: Programmatic to push content marketing spend
Featured White Papers
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....