News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How on-site reviews give back to shoppers
Should online retailers make reviews a focal point on their website? It's a question more and more etailers are asking as they try to make a bigger impact on shoppers. According to one expert - definitely, and here's why.
Kristina: What is the big deal about on-site review links or quotes?
Jan Vels Jensen, Chief Marketing Officer, Trustpilot: According to a study conducted by Search Engine Land, 72 percent of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations. By displaying reviews on their websites, online retailers send a positive signal to potential customers that they care about service and can be trusted to deliver their products as advertised. Any retailer can differentiate itself from the competition by displaying customer testimonials, which are key decision-making criteria, front and center on her site.
Kristina: What is the impact of authentic customer reviews?
Jan: Sites that feature authentic customer reviews tend to convert visitors into buyers more than sites that don't. Research shows that 90 percent of consumers have had a buying decision influenced by a positive online review.
Kristina: What does this kind of content 'give back' to brands?
Jan: online reviews give brands valuable insight by providing real-time customer feedback. Take Zappo's, for example. The brand is "powered by service," so it, or any other brand whose reputation hinges on stellar customer service, will want to know right away if there are any threats to that perception and if it is in fact delivering on the brand promise. Online review platforms allow brands to keep their ears to the ground, hear from their customers first hand, and respond to those reviews in real time.
More from Jan and TrustPilot tomorrow, including how retailers can ensure reviews are seen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
- Survey: Retailers aren't ready for EMV deadline
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...