News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How on-site reviews give back to shoppers
Should online retailers make reviews a focal point on their website? It's a question more and more etailers are asking as they try to make a bigger impact on shoppers. According to one expert - definitely, and here's why.
Kristina: What is the big deal about on-site review links or quotes?
Jan Vels Jensen, Chief Marketing Officer, Trustpilot: According to a study conducted by Search Engine Land, 72 percent of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations. By displaying reviews on their websites, online retailers send a positive signal to potential customers that they care about service and can be trusted to deliver their products as advertised. Any retailer can differentiate itself from the competition by displaying customer testimonials, which are key decision-making criteria, front and center on her site.
Kristina: What is the impact of authentic customer reviews?
Jan: Sites that feature authentic customer reviews tend to convert visitors into buyers more than sites that don't. Research shows that 90 percent of consumers have had a buying decision influenced by a positive online review.
Kristina: What does this kind of content 'give back' to brands?
Jan: online reviews give brands valuable insight by providing real-time customer feedback. Take Zappo's, for example. The brand is "powered by service," so it, or any other brand whose reputation hinges on stellar customer service, will want to know right away if there are any threats to that perception and if it is in fact delivering on the brand promise. Online review platforms allow brands to keep their ears to the ground, hear from their customers first hand, and respond to those reviews in real time.
More from Jan and TrustPilot tomorrow, including how retailers can ensure reviews are seen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...