News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How on-site reviews give back to shoppers
Should online retailers make reviews a focal point on their website? It's a question more and more etailers are asking as they try to make a bigger impact on shoppers. According to one expert - definitely, and here's why.
Kristina: What is the big deal about on-site review links or quotes?
Jan Vels Jensen, Chief Marketing Officer, Trustpilot: According to a study conducted by Search Engine Land, 72 percent of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations. By displaying reviews on their websites, online retailers send a positive signal to potential customers that they care about service and can be trusted to deliver their products as advertised. Any retailer can differentiate itself from the competition by displaying customer testimonials, which are key decision-making criteria, front and center on her site.
Kristina: What is the impact of authentic customer reviews?
Jan: Sites that feature authentic customer reviews tend to convert visitors into buyers more than sites that don't. Research shows that 90 percent of consumers have had a buying decision influenced by a positive online review.
Kristina: What does this kind of content 'give back' to brands?
Jan: online reviews give brands valuable insight by providing real-time customer feedback. Take Zappo's, for example. The brand is "powered by service," so it, or any other brand whose reputation hinges on stellar customer service, will want to know right away if there are any threats to that perception and if it is in fact delivering on the brand promise. Online review platforms allow brands to keep their ears to the ground, hear from their customers first hand, and respond to those reviews in real time.
More from Jan and TrustPilot tomorrow, including how retailers can ensure reviews are seen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...