News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How do Millennials discover fashion brands?
It appears there are still times in our digital world when direct, face-to-face contact with other people is far more effective than social media, blogs or even online advertising. Omni-channel engagement and insights platform Punchtab reveals that despite a plethora of digital channels, most Millennials discover fashion brands by talking to others.
The Millennial market is huge, accounting for over 25% of the U.S. population. These 'super shoppers' control $600 billion in annual spending power.
PunchTab surveyed more than 1,200 Millennials to discover what key buying drivers led them from consideration to purchase of fashion brands.
Just 20% of Millennial Women and 10% of Millennial Men learn about fashion brands from social channels, while 34% of Millennial Woman and 29% of Millennial Men discover fashion brands via online articles.
How do most Millennial Women, and Men, discover fashion brands? Sixty-percent of Millennial Women said it was via direct contact with others wearing the brand, or word of mouth. That figure was slightly less among Millennial Men (49%).
"Marketing to Millennials is a complex endeavor," said Angela Sanfilippo, CMO of PunchTab. "PunchTab's data shows what many have suspected -- growing Millennial apathy towards traditional marketing and a distrust of brands is creating a new challenge for marketers looking to engage this powerful demographic."
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...