News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How do Millennials discover fashion brands?
It appears there are still times in our digital world when direct, face-to-face contact with other people is far more effective than social media, blogs or even online advertising. Omni-channel engagement and insights platform Punchtab reveals that despite a plethora of digital channels, most Millennials discover fashion brands by talking to others.
The Millennial market is huge, accounting for over 25% of the U.S. population. These 'super shoppers' control $600 billion in annual spending power.
PunchTab surveyed more than 1,200 Millennials to discover what key buying drivers led them from consideration to purchase of fashion brands.
Just 20% of Millennial Women and 10% of Millennial Men learn about fashion brands from social channels, while 34% of Millennial Woman and 29% of Millennial Men discover fashion brands via online articles.
How do most Millennial Women, and Men, discover fashion brands? Sixty-percent of Millennial Women said it was via direct contact with others wearing the brand, or word of mouth. That figure was slightly less among Millennial Men (49%).
"Marketing to Millennials is a complex endeavor," said Angela Sanfilippo, CMO of PunchTab. "PunchTab's data shows what many have suspected -- growing Millennial apathy towards traditional marketing and a distrust of brands is creating a new challenge for marketers looking to engage this powerful demographic."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
- Top tips to improve ad performance
- Facebook ad revenue and bug bounty increase
- How to properly measure opt-ins to improve campaigns
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...