News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How do Millennials discover fashion brands?
It appears there are still times in our digital world when direct, face-to-face contact with other people is far more effective than social media, blogs or even online advertising. Omni-channel engagement and insights platform Punchtab reveals that despite a plethora of digital channels, most Millennials discover fashion brands by talking to others.
The Millennial market is huge, accounting for over 25% of the U.S. population. These 'super shoppers' control $600 billion in annual spending power.
PunchTab surveyed more than 1,200 Millennials to discover what key buying drivers led them from consideration to purchase of fashion brands.
Just 20% of Millennial Women and 10% of Millennial Men learn about fashion brands from social channels, while 34% of Millennial Woman and 29% of Millennial Men discover fashion brands via online articles.
How do most Millennial Women, and Men, discover fashion brands? Sixty-percent of Millennial Women said it was via direct contact with others wearing the brand, or word of mouth. That figure was slightly less among Millennial Men (49%).
"Marketing to Millennials is a complex endeavor," said Angela Sanfilippo, CMO of PunchTab. "PunchTab's data shows what many have suspected -- growing Millennial apathy towards traditional marketing and a distrust of brands is creating a new challenge for marketers looking to engage this powerful demographic."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...