News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How do Millennials discover fashion brands?
It appears there are still times in our digital world when direct, face-to-face contact with other people is far more effective than social media, blogs or even online advertising. Omni-channel engagement and insights platform Punchtab reveals that despite a plethora of digital channels, most Millennials discover fashion brands by talking to others.
The Millennial market is huge, accounting for over 25% of the U.S. population. These 'super shoppers' control $600 billion in annual spending power.
PunchTab surveyed more than 1,200 Millennials to discover what key buying drivers led them from consideration to purchase of fashion brands.
Just 20% of Millennial Women and 10% of Millennial Men learn about fashion brands from social channels, while 34% of Millennial Woman and 29% of Millennial Men discover fashion brands via online articles.
How do most Millennial Women, and Men, discover fashion brands? Sixty-percent of Millennial Women said it was via direct contact with others wearing the brand, or word of mouth. That figure was slightly less among Millennial Men (49%).
"Marketing to Millennials is a complex endeavor," said Angela Sanfilippo, CMO of PunchTab. "PunchTab's data shows what many have suspected -- growing Millennial apathy towards traditional marketing and a distrust of brands is creating a new challenge for marketers looking to engage this powerful demographic."
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Phablets fastest growing mobile device
- Brands: How content should change your mobile strategy
- In-store sales down for Valentines finds report
- Top 3 tips for non-profits to succeed in digital
- Ad RoundUp: Partnerships increase ad support across channels
- Report: Fraud, conversions linked to traffic numbers
- Mobile Roundup: New solutions, partnerships to help mobile brands
- Expert: Non-Profits can thrive in the online space
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...