News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How do Millennials discover fashion brands?
It appears there are still times in our digital world when direct, face-to-face contact with other people is far more effective than social media, blogs or even online advertising. Omni-channel engagement and insights platform Punchtab reveals that despite a plethora of digital channels, most Millennials discover fashion brands by talking to others.
The Millennial market is huge, accounting for over 25% of the U.S. population. These 'super shoppers' control $600 billion in annual spending power.
PunchTab surveyed more than 1,200 Millennials to discover what key buying drivers led them from consideration to purchase of fashion brands.
Just 20% of Millennial Women and 10% of Millennial Men learn about fashion brands from social channels, while 34% of Millennial Woman and 29% of Millennial Men discover fashion brands via online articles.
How do most Millennial Women, and Men, discover fashion brands? Sixty-percent of Millennial Women said it was via direct contact with others wearing the brand, or word of mouth. That figure was slightly less among Millennial Men (49%).
"Marketing to Millennials is a complex endeavor," said Angela Sanfilippo, CMO of PunchTab. "PunchTab's data shows what many have suspected -- growing Millennial apathy towards traditional marketing and a distrust of brands is creating a new challenge for marketers looking to engage this powerful demographic."
Image via Shutterstock
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...