News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How brands are using social data to engage
According to a recent IBM Global CMO survey about 71% of CMOs around the world don't believe their business is prepared to deal with the explosion of 'big data'. One online platform is helping brands harness and utilize social data to engaging and convert consumers. Here's how:
There is a plethora of data in the online space these days, more than many brands can handle. Many brands need a hand-up in the data stream, to know what data points are key for their target market.
"The key to getting [data] right is realizing all of the data that's available, and analyzing and utilizing it in a meaningful way. With a platform like DataSift's, social data becomes more manageable, helping to bypass the challenges of overwhelming volume, unwieldy format and the limitations of current tools," said Julie Perino, Senior Director of Marketing, DataSift.
One way to do this is to spend time with social network data. According to Perino infusing rich social data into the advertising strategy can help companies make smarter, better decisions about targeting and segmentation.
"One of our customers, a major automobile manufacturer, is using social data to improve customer service, product forecasting and quality. They have built a social media and CRM tool to tie what's being said online publicly about their cars to customer, sales and quality data. This enables them to better target marketing programs, improve customer retention, enhance digital marketing experiences and drive higher quality leads to their dealers," said Perino.
DataSift works with companies like Dell, CBS Interactive, MasterCard and Conversocial.
Image via Shutterstock
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...