News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How brands are using social data to engage
According to a recent IBM Global CMO survey about 71% of CMOs around the world don't believe their business is prepared to deal with the explosion of 'big data'. One online platform is helping brands harness and utilize social data to engaging and convert consumers. Here's how:
There is a plethora of data in the online space these days, more than many brands can handle. Many brands need a hand-up in the data stream, to know what data points are key for their target market.
"The key to getting [data] right is realizing all of the data that's available, and analyzing and utilizing it in a meaningful way. With a platform like DataSift's, social data becomes more manageable, helping to bypass the challenges of overwhelming volume, unwieldy format and the limitations of current tools," said Julie Perino, Senior Director of Marketing, DataSift.
One way to do this is to spend time with social network data. According to Perino infusing rich social data into the advertising strategy can help companies make smarter, better decisions about targeting and segmentation.
"One of our customers, a major automobile manufacturer, is using social data to improve customer service, product forecasting and quality. They have built a social media and CRM tool to tie what's being said online publicly about their cars to customer, sales and quality data. This enables them to better target marketing programs, improve customer retention, enhance digital marketing experiences and drive higher quality leads to their dealers," said Perino.
DataSift works with companies like Dell, CBS Interactive, MasterCard and Conversocial.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...