News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How brands are using social data to engage
According to a recent IBM Global CMO survey about 71% of CMOs around the world don't believe their business is prepared to deal with the explosion of 'big data'. One online platform is helping brands harness and utilize social data to engaging and convert consumers. Here's how:
There is a plethora of data in the online space these days, more than many brands can handle. Many brands need a hand-up in the data stream, to know what data points are key for their target market.
"The key to getting [data] right is realizing all of the data that's available, and analyzing and utilizing it in a meaningful way. With a platform like DataSift's, social data becomes more manageable, helping to bypass the challenges of overwhelming volume, unwieldy format and the limitations of current tools," said Julie Perino, Senior Director of Marketing, DataSift.
One way to do this is to spend time with social network data. According to Perino infusing rich social data into the advertising strategy can help companies make smarter, better decisions about targeting and segmentation.
"One of our customers, a major automobile manufacturer, is using social data to improve customer service, product forecasting and quality. They have built a social media and CRM tool to tie what's being said online publicly about their cars to customer, sales and quality data. This enables them to better target marketing programs, improve customer retention, enhance digital marketing experiences and drive higher quality leads to their dealers," said Perino.
DataSift works with companies like Dell, CBS Interactive, MasterCard and Conversocial.
Image via Shutterstock
- Two-thirds of ad execs Google prospective employees
- 61% of brand content on Snapchat is video
- Survey: Trust influences more consumers to share information
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- New service alerts marketers when competitors air new TV ads
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
- Brexit, Trump leave marketers skittish about targeting
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...