News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Growth in Asia-Pacific to keep Twitter user-base growth in double-digits
New estimates from eMarketer show that growth in Twitter's user-base will continue in the double-digits for the next few years thanks to growth in the Asia-Pacific region.
This year, Twitter's user-base is estimated to increase by 24.4%, according to new figures released by eMarketer. That double-digit growth is set to continue for at least the next four years. By 2018, eMarketer estimates that the number of Twitter users will reach around 400 million worldwide.
Growth will mainly come from new users in Asia-Pacific. In fact, users from that region already make up 32.8% of Twitter's user-base, more than in North America (23.7%) and Western Europe (16.8%).
"The US will remain the single largest country in terms of the number of individual Twitter users throughout our forecast, but currently, it still represents just over 20% of all Twitter users worldwide," says eMarketer. "That market share will drop over the years, leaving room for Twitter to grow its non-US ad revenues by leveraging an expanding user base in emerging markets."
While eMarketer's data is based on active users who log in to Twitter at least once per month, recently released data from Twitter monitoring firm Twopcharts found that a significant number of people have created a Twitter account but never used it. They report that 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts have never seen any action - not even a single Tweet.
Even among the 550 million or so accounts that have seen activity a significant number, 43%, haven't seen any activity in more than a year.
Furthermore, less than half (47%) of all accounts have added a profile image and even less, 24%, have added a profile description. Just 30% of all users have created just 1 to 10 Tweets and only 13% of registered users have more than 100 Tweets under their belt.
Image via Shutterstock
- Black Friday UK predicted to break £1bn in online sales
- Smaato: Spending on mobile web ads soars
- Study: What consumers really want from loyalty programs
- Top 4 Tips to Manage Relationship Between Developers, Marketers
- Android steadily catching up Apple on opens and clicks in E.U.
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...