News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: 40% of ad budgets to be programmatic next year
Look for more from programmatic. That is the take away from a new report called The State of Programmatic Media which indicates that, as soon as 2015, about 40% of ad budgets may push into programmatic territory.
Researchers polled advertisers to see where they stand on programmatic, or real-time-bidding (RTB) inventory. About two-thirds (66%) reported they'll spend 40% of their ad budgets on RTB inventory next year; about one-quarter say they'll spend upwards of 80% of their ad budgets on programmatic inventory.
The draw to programmatic, to this point, seems to be control. Programmatic buying offers brands the ability to better control budgets and spending while still offering premium inventory and in most cases some control over where the ads will be place - for example, near relevant content or on only brand-safe websites.
"Programmatic has evolved far beyond real-time bidding. It is enabling marketers to deliver the most relevant advertising experiences to consumers," said Joanna O'Connell, Director of Research at AdExchanger. "Programmatic has become an accepted way of conducting business helping streamline operational processes along the way. I am pleased to see it on the rise and being embraced by those across the entire digital advertising ecosystem."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 66% of agencies currently manage 20% of ad budgets via programmatic
• Half of agency respondents say they'll manage up to 60% of budgets programmatically over the next 12 months
• 96% say they use programmatic for display ads
• 73% use video RTB options
• More than half use RTB for mobile (64%) and paid social (55%)
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to improve cash flow
- Study IDs email fatigue
- Top 3 tips to create a strong 2nd party data strategy
- Study: Dark social key to seasonal sharing
- SMB Owners: What you need to know about OT changes
- Report IDs value of Pokemon Go players
- Native ads: Position of disclosure can affect click-through rate
- The state of Internet traffic in Europe
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...