News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Few B2B firms have adopted marketing automation technology
Marketing automation businesses have tremendous opportunity for growth given that very few B2B companies in the U.S. currently use the technology, according to new data released by SiriusDecisions.
In the health industry adoption is as low as just 2%, and even within the finance and manufacturing industries it is in single digits.
"I always knew the adoption rate was low but I didn't think it was that low, to be quite frank," said SiriusDecisions technology practice director Jay Famico in an interview.
However, and perhaps not surprisingly, among I.T. businesses adoption of marketing automation is much, much higher - around 65%.
According to Famico, marketers that don't adopt marketing automation will be an endangered species in a matter of years, describing a "growing divide" between those who know how to use it and those that don't.
"This will manifest in an uptick in the number of job postings that request marketing automation expertise," said Famico. "Marketers who lack marketing automation expertise will need to gain this competency or risk being marginalized."
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Why brands should consider the subscription box
- Retail trends to watch for 2017
- Expert: Tips for a more productive 2017
- Consumers more likely to click on ads featuring user-generated photography
- Personalized offers on mobile drive consumers in-store
- Marketers prioritizing social media for product launches
- Reports: Mobile hot but not everyone is buying
- Ad Roundup: Acquisition, launch to add layers of control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...