News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Few B2B firms have adopted marketing automation technology
Marketing automation businesses have tremendous opportunity for growth given that very few B2B companies in the U.S. currently use the technology, according to new data released by SiriusDecisions.
In the health industry adoption is as low as just 2%, and even within the finance and manufacturing industries it is in single digits.
"I always knew the adoption rate was low but I didn't think it was that low, to be quite frank," said SiriusDecisions technology practice director Jay Famico in an interview.
However, and perhaps not surprisingly, among I.T. businesses adoption of marketing automation is much, much higher - around 65%.
According to Famico, marketers that don't adopt marketing automation will be an endangered species in a matter of years, describing a "growing divide" between those who know how to use it and those that don't.
"This will manifest in an uptick in the number of job postings that request marketing automation expertise," said Famico. "Marketers who lack marketing automation expertise will need to gain this competency or risk being marginalized."
Image via Shutterstock
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...