News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Few B2B firms have adopted marketing automation technology
Marketing automation businesses have tremendous opportunity for growth given that very few B2B companies in the U.S. currently use the technology, according to new data released by SiriusDecisions.
In the health industry adoption is as low as just 2%, and even within the finance and manufacturing industries it is in single digits.
"I always knew the adoption rate was low but I didn't think it was that low, to be quite frank," said SiriusDecisions technology practice director Jay Famico in an interview.
However, and perhaps not surprisingly, among I.T. businesses adoption of marketing automation is much, much higher - around 65%.
According to Famico, marketers that don't adopt marketing automation will be an endangered species in a matter of years, describing a "growing divide" between those who know how to use it and those that don't.
"This will manifest in an uptick in the number of job postings that request marketing automation expertise," said Famico. "Marketers who lack marketing automation expertise will need to gain this competency or risk being marginalized."
Image via Shutterstock
- Happy birthday, email! Now, what can you do for me?
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...