News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Few B2B firms have adopted marketing automation technology
Marketing automation businesses have tremendous opportunity for growth given that very few B2B companies in the U.S. currently use the technology, according to new data released by SiriusDecisions.
In the health industry adoption is as low as just 2%, and even within the finance and manufacturing industries it is in single digits.
"I always knew the adoption rate was low but I didn't think it was that low, to be quite frank," said SiriusDecisions technology practice director Jay Famico in an interview.
However, and perhaps not surprisingly, among I.T. businesses adoption of marketing automation is much, much higher - around 65%.
According to Famico, marketers that don't adopt marketing automation will be an endangered species in a matter of years, describing a "growing divide" between those who know how to use it and those that don't.
"This will manifest in an uptick in the number of job postings that request marketing automation expertise," said Famico. "Marketers who lack marketing automation expertise will need to gain this competency or risk being marginalized."
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...