News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook leads the way in mobile content discovery
New data from Quantcast reveals Facebook is responsible for more referrals to news and other media than all other social media sources combined.
Quantcast found that Facebook accounts for a quarter (24%) of referrals to the top 250 news and entertainment publishers, more than Twitter (7%), Pinterest (2%) and 'Other' (1%) social sources.
"Facebook is showing us where to find content on mobile, and it's also providing the platform to consume that content; Facebook's in-app browser is now the leading third-party browser on iOS," writes Art Prateepvanich, Head of Product Marketing, Publisher Solutions at Quantcast in a recent blog post.
Quantcast also found that in-app browsing is responsible for 24% of iOS page views of which Facebook's app was responsible for 12% of all iOS browsing. That's three times the page views of the next-largest browser, Chrome for iOS.
In fact, social media has "overtaken search as the largest mobile referral source for these publishers," says Prateepvanich.
- Consumer satisfaction with mobile commerce falling
- YouTube wants agencies to learn from their top creators
- Search marketing taking back seat as proving ROI challenging
- Study: Video big influencer for some voters
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships underscore importance of connection
- Study: Digital driving calls to businesses
- Study: Email key for SMB trust
- Studies: Video views increasing
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...