News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook leads the way in mobile content discovery
New data from Quantcast reveals Facebook is responsible for more referrals to news and other media than all other social media sources combined.
Quantcast found that Facebook accounts for a quarter (24%) of referrals to the top 250 news and entertainment publishers, more than Twitter (7%), Pinterest (2%) and 'Other' (1%) social sources.
"Facebook is showing us where to find content on mobile, and it's also providing the platform to consume that content; Facebook's in-app browser is now the leading third-party browser on iOS," writes Art Prateepvanich, Head of Product Marketing, Publisher Solutions at Quantcast in a recent blog post.
Quantcast also found that in-app browsing is responsible for 24% of iOS page views of which Facebook's app was responsible for 12% of all iOS browsing. That's three times the page views of the next-largest browser, Chrome for iOS.
In fact, social media has "overtaken search as the largest mobile referral source for these publishers," says Prateepvanich.
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...