News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook leads the way in mobile content discovery
New data from Quantcast reveals Facebook is responsible for more referrals to news and other media than all other social media sources combined.
Quantcast found that Facebook accounts for a quarter (24%) of referrals to the top 250 news and entertainment publishers, more than Twitter (7%), Pinterest (2%) and 'Other' (1%) social sources.
"Facebook is showing us where to find content on mobile, and it's also providing the platform to consume that content; Facebook's in-app browser is now the leading third-party browser on iOS," writes Art Prateepvanich, Head of Product Marketing, Publisher Solutions at Quantcast in a recent blog post.
Quantcast also found that in-app browsing is responsible for 24% of iOS page views of which Facebook's app was responsible for 12% of all iOS browsing. That's three times the page views of the next-largest browser, Chrome for iOS.
In fact, social media has "overtaken search as the largest mobile referral source for these publishers," says Prateepvanich.
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
- Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...