News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook leads the way in mobile content discovery
New data from Quantcast reveals Facebook is responsible for more referrals to news and other media than all other social media sources combined.
Quantcast found that Facebook accounts for a quarter (24%) of referrals to the top 250 news and entertainment publishers, more than Twitter (7%), Pinterest (2%) and 'Other' (1%) social sources.
"Facebook is showing us where to find content on mobile, and it's also providing the platform to consume that content; Facebook's in-app browser is now the leading third-party browser on iOS," writes Art Prateepvanich, Head of Product Marketing, Publisher Solutions at Quantcast in a recent blog post.
Quantcast also found that in-app browsing is responsible for 24% of iOS page views of which Facebook's app was responsible for 12% of all iOS browsing. That's three times the page views of the next-largest browser, Chrome for iOS.
In fact, social media has "overtaken search as the largest mobile referral source for these publishers," says Prateepvanich.
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
- Marketing spend on social to rise from 11% to a quarter of budget
- Checking email chews up 6.3 hours per day
- Study: Content, page loads reduce brand trust
- Study: Personalization key for email engagement
- Top 3 tips to set up rules to protect against fraud
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...