News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Extole: How to build referrals weekly, monthly, quarterly
Referral marketing is a solid strategy to build higher engagement levels between brands and consumers. A new infographic from Extole offers tips for weekly, monthly and quarterly strategies.
Email can be one of the strongest referral avenues for many retailers, but not all brands are using all three top-performing streams - the promotional email, the transactional email and the welcome email to build referral traffic.
Welcome emails are just that - a welcome from the retailer to the consumer who has signed up for a list. The key with welcome emails is to include an area to tell the subscriber how to earn rewards or discounts by referring their friends. A similar line or clickable link can be embedded into transactional emails, encouraging subscribers and shoppers to refer friends to earn extra savings. Finally, retailers can use promotional emails to drive awareness of a referral program.
As for Extole's top three tips:
• Weekly: remind shoppers to share the brand through social networks. For example, they note Thursdays drive the most in-week referral traffic but Mondays have the highest CTR and conversion rates
• Monthly: send a dedicated email to remind list members about the program. For example: Shares, clicks and conversions are normally higher than average during the first third of the month than in the last third
• Quarterly: Run special promotions for shoppers doings the most to advocate in social networks for your brand. For example, retailers could offer double rewards to these shoppers, who have been shown to drive 2-5x the standard weekly conversion rates
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...