News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Extole: How to build referrals weekly, monthly, quarterly
Referral marketing is a solid strategy to build higher engagement levels between brands and consumers. A new infographic from Extole offers tips for weekly, monthly and quarterly strategies.
Email can be one of the strongest referral avenues for many retailers, but not all brands are using all three top-performing streams - the promotional email, the transactional email and the welcome email to build referral traffic.
Welcome emails are just that - a welcome from the retailer to the consumer who has signed up for a list. The key with welcome emails is to include an area to tell the subscriber how to earn rewards or discounts by referring their friends. A similar line or clickable link can be embedded into transactional emails, encouraging subscribers and shoppers to refer friends to earn extra savings. Finally, retailers can use promotional emails to drive awareness of a referral program.
As for Extole's top three tips:
• Weekly: remind shoppers to share the brand through social networks. For example, they note Thursdays drive the most in-week referral traffic but Mondays have the highest CTR and conversion rates
• Monthly: send a dedicated email to remind list members about the program. For example: Shares, clicks and conversions are normally higher than average during the first third of the month than in the last third
• Quarterly: Run special promotions for shoppers doings the most to advocate in social networks for your brand. For example, retailers could offer double rewards to these shoppers, who have been shown to drive 2-5x the standard weekly conversion rates
Image via Shutterstock
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...