News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expedia: U.K. mobile market outpacing U.S.
British consumers, and especially British travelers, are a more active and mobile-savvy bunch compared with their U.S. counterparts, according to new research released by Expedia Media Solutions.
The research, conducted by comScore for Expedia, reveals that the U.K. is currently outpacing the U.S. mobile market in terms of usage, access rates and travel category penetration. Today, mobile represents 30% of all Internet usage in the U.K. with 18% coming from smartphones and 12% from tablets.
With regards to mobile access, 57% of the U.K. now owns a smartphone, slightly more than in the U.S. where that figure is 51%. More importantly, for those looking to reach and influence travelers, online travel content reaches two-thirds (69%) of mobile devices in the U.K., compared with 58% in the U.S.
British travelers are also avid mobile shoppers. A quarter of UK travelers booked at least one component of their most recent trip on mobile and those that do have significant potential to become repeat customers. Almost all (90%) of travel bookers using a tablet will do so again as will 70% of smartphone bookers.
"The study shows not only how open U.K. consumers are to engaging on mobile platforms, but it also provides marketers with the insight and tangible takeaways they need to design and implement an effective mobile strategy," said Noah Tratt, global vice president of Expedia Media Solutions.
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shipping, experience key to satisfaction
- Survey: Recruiting a struggle for IT departments
- Study: Mobile consumers want control
- L2 Report: 64% of brands now on Snapchat
- 98% of Generation Z shop in-store, but challenges ahead for retailers
- Most media chiefs believe fake news is good for business
- Study: Trust, payments annoy marketplace sellers
- Expert: How RegTech will impact 2017
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...