News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expedia: U.K. mobile market outpacing U.S.
British consumers, and especially British travelers, are a more active and mobile-savvy bunch compared with their U.S. counterparts, according to new research released by Expedia Media Solutions.
The research, conducted by comScore for Expedia, reveals that the U.K. is currently outpacing the U.S. mobile market in terms of usage, access rates and travel category penetration. Today, mobile represents 30% of all Internet usage in the U.K. with 18% coming from smartphones and 12% from tablets.
With regards to mobile access, 57% of the U.K. now owns a smartphone, slightly more than in the U.S. where that figure is 51%. More importantly, for those looking to reach and influence travelers, online travel content reaches two-thirds (69%) of mobile devices in the U.K., compared with 58% in the U.S.
British travelers are also avid mobile shoppers. A quarter of UK travelers booked at least one component of their most recent trip on mobile and those that do have significant potential to become repeat customers. Almost all (90%) of travel bookers using a tablet will do so again as will 70% of smartphone bookers.
"The study shows not only how open U.K. consumers are to engaging on mobile platforms, but it also provides marketers with the insight and tangible takeaways they need to design and implement an effective mobile strategy," said Noah Tratt, global vice president of Expedia Media Solutions.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...