News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expedia: U.K. mobile market outpacing U.S.
British consumers, and especially British travelers, are a more active and mobile-savvy bunch compared with their U.S. counterparts, according to new research released by Expedia Media Solutions.
The research, conducted by comScore for Expedia, reveals that the U.K. is currently outpacing the U.S. mobile market in terms of usage, access rates and travel category penetration. Today, mobile represents 30% of all Internet usage in the U.K. with 18% coming from smartphones and 12% from tablets.
With regards to mobile access, 57% of the U.K. now owns a smartphone, slightly more than in the U.S. where that figure is 51%. More importantly, for those looking to reach and influence travelers, online travel content reaches two-thirds (69%) of mobile devices in the U.K., compared with 58% in the U.S.
British travelers are also avid mobile shoppers. A quarter of UK travelers booked at least one component of their most recent trip on mobile and those that do have significant potential to become repeat customers. Almost all (90%) of travel bookers using a tablet will do so again as will 70% of smartphone bookers.
"The study shows not only how open U.K. consumers are to engaging on mobile platforms, but it also provides marketers with the insight and tangible takeaways they need to design and implement an effective mobile strategy," said Noah Tratt, global vice president of Expedia Media Solutions.
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...