News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expedia: U.K. mobile market outpacing U.S.
British consumers, and especially British travelers, are a more active and mobile-savvy bunch compared with their U.S. counterparts, according to new research released by Expedia Media Solutions.
The research, conducted by comScore for Expedia, reveals that the U.K. is currently outpacing the U.S. mobile market in terms of usage, access rates and travel category penetration. Today, mobile represents 30% of all Internet usage in the U.K. with 18% coming from smartphones and 12% from tablets.
With regards to mobile access, 57% of the U.K. now owns a smartphone, slightly more than in the U.S. where that figure is 51%. More importantly, for those looking to reach and influence travelers, online travel content reaches two-thirds (69%) of mobile devices in the U.K., compared with 58% in the U.S.
British travelers are also avid mobile shoppers. A quarter of UK travelers booked at least one component of their most recent trip on mobile and those that do have significant potential to become repeat customers. Almost all (90%) of travel bookers using a tablet will do so again as will 70% of smartphone bookers.
"The study shows not only how open U.K. consumers are to engaging on mobile platforms, but it also provides marketers with the insight and tangible takeaways they need to design and implement an effective mobile strategy," said Noah Tratt, global vice president of Expedia Media Solutions.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...