News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expedia: U.K. mobile market outpacing U.S.
British consumers, and especially British travelers, are a more active and mobile-savvy bunch compared with their U.S. counterparts, according to new research released by Expedia Media Solutions.
The research, conducted by comScore for Expedia, reveals that the U.K. is currently outpacing the U.S. mobile market in terms of usage, access rates and travel category penetration. Today, mobile represents 30% of all Internet usage in the U.K. with 18% coming from smartphones and 12% from tablets.
With regards to mobile access, 57% of the U.K. now owns a smartphone, slightly more than in the U.S. where that figure is 51%. More importantly, for those looking to reach and influence travelers, online travel content reaches two-thirds (69%) of mobile devices in the U.K., compared with 58% in the U.S.
British travelers are also avid mobile shoppers. A quarter of UK travelers booked at least one component of their most recent trip on mobile and those that do have significant potential to become repeat customers. Almost all (90%) of travel bookers using a tablet will do so again as will 70% of smartphone bookers.
"The study shows not only how open U.K. consumers are to engaging on mobile platforms, but it also provides marketers with the insight and tangible takeaways they need to design and implement an effective mobile strategy," said Noah Tratt, global vice president of Expedia Media Solutions.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...