News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Domain trends: Numerical, Alphabetical gaining strength
The right domain name can make or break a new business and the right domain can help an existing small business grow in the regional and international space. Domain Holdings has released a new study that highlights trends in the domain name space.
The full report from Domain Holdings can be found here.
"2014 promises to be an exciting year with increased interest from China, the introduction of new GTLD's, and more inventory becoming available that was never public before," said Alan Dunn, SVP of Acquisitions and Divestments, Domain Holdings.
So early stats from the Domain Holdings report include:
• $3.38 million in Q1 domain sales
• 80% of domain sales are from China and the US
• 45% of sales are new relationship sales
• 14% of sales are numeric domains
• Brandable, LLL.com (and other alphabetical domains) and Financial categories lead
"We believe there is still a very liquid and active investment market for premium domains along with growing demand for the .com version of domains from end users," was written in the report. "While short domains typically do well we saw a big increase in brandable names this quarter resulting from our strong efforts to focus on buyer requests."
Numeric domains are one area that is seeing significant growth. Domains like 11.com have increased in demand from overseas clients, specifically in China. About 14% of sales in Q1 were for numeric domains.
Image via Shutterstock
- IAB/UKOM cuts through confusion with 'definitive' data on time Brits spend online
- Google pauses Flash and signals new ad age of HTML5
- Studies ID how Millennials are connecting
- Black Friday UK predicted to break £1bn in online sales
- Smaato: Spending on mobile web ads soars
- Study: What consumers really want from loyalty programs
- Top 4 Tips to Manage Relationship Between Developers, Marketers
- Android steadily catching up Apple on opens and clicks in E.U.
Featured White Papers
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...