News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Do signs still point to the deals?
Maybe more brightly than they did in the past. Those are literal signs in that headline, by the way. According to a new small business survey out from FedEx Office, in-store signage remains an important component to SMB owners - but younger owners place more emphasis on the right signs.
Recently FedEx Office surveyed small businesses to find out how they approach signage - surprisingly younger small business owners (age 18-34) place more importance on in-store signage than older owners (age 55+). In fact about two-thirds (64%) of Millennial SMB owners say graphics and signage have 'significant value' for their business while fewer than half (45%) of Baby Boomer SMB owners say the same. Instead, older business owners place more emphasis on out-of-store advertising - like email (34%) and brochures (39%).
"We understand how important it is to address the array of design and signage needs among small business owners of any generation and are constantly seeking solutions to help them succeed," said Randy Scarborough, vice president of retail marketing for FedEx. "Whether you are an experienced business owner or just starting out, FedEx Office offers design and print experts to help create large-format posters and banners that emphasize a business's personality."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 91% of all SMB owners say readable signs are important
• Millenial owners are more likely to go for humor in signage
• 46% of Millennials ask signage experts for advice on design
• 47% of Millennials believe modern/contemporary sign designs are important, 29% of Gen X owners and 17% of Boomers agree
Image via Shutterstock
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
- Online shoppers overwhelmed by choice
- Smartwatches: time for a new ad format
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
- Mobile Roundup: Commerce, security options released
- Playlists the perfect target for brands on Spotify
- 25% of SMBs have no website
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...