News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Do signs still point to the deals?
Maybe more brightly than they did in the past. Those are literal signs in that headline, by the way. According to a new small business survey out from FedEx Office, in-store signage remains an important component to SMB owners - but younger owners place more emphasis on the right signs.
Recently FedEx Office surveyed small businesses to find out how they approach signage - surprisingly younger small business owners (age 18-34) place more importance on in-store signage than older owners (age 55+). In fact about two-thirds (64%) of Millennial SMB owners say graphics and signage have 'significant value' for their business while fewer than half (45%) of Baby Boomer SMB owners say the same. Instead, older business owners place more emphasis on out-of-store advertising - like email (34%) and brochures (39%).
"We understand how important it is to address the array of design and signage needs among small business owners of any generation and are constantly seeking solutions to help them succeed," said Randy Scarborough, vice president of retail marketing for FedEx. "Whether you are an experienced business owner or just starting out, FedEx Office offers design and print experts to help create large-format posters and banners that emphasize a business's personality."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 91% of all SMB owners say readable signs are important
• Millenial owners are more likely to go for humor in signage
• 46% of Millennials ask signage experts for advice on design
• 47% of Millennials believe modern/contemporary sign designs are important, 29% of Gen X owners and 17% of Boomers agree
Image via Shutterstock
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...