News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Do signs still point to the deals?
Maybe more brightly than they did in the past. Those are literal signs in that headline, by the way. According to a new small business survey out from FedEx Office, in-store signage remains an important component to SMB owners - but younger owners place more emphasis on the right signs.
Recently FedEx Office surveyed small businesses to find out how they approach signage - surprisingly younger small business owners (age 18-34) place more importance on in-store signage than older owners (age 55+). In fact about two-thirds (64%) of Millennial SMB owners say graphics and signage have 'significant value' for their business while fewer than half (45%) of Baby Boomer SMB owners say the same. Instead, older business owners place more emphasis on out-of-store advertising - like email (34%) and brochures (39%).
"We understand how important it is to address the array of design and signage needs among small business owners of any generation and are constantly seeking solutions to help them succeed," said Randy Scarborough, vice president of retail marketing for FedEx. "Whether you are an experienced business owner or just starting out, FedEx Office offers design and print experts to help create large-format posters and banners that emphasize a business's personality."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 91% of all SMB owners say readable signs are important
• Millenial owners are more likely to go for humor in signage
• 46% of Millennials ask signage experts for advice on design
• 47% of Millennials believe modern/contemporary sign designs are important, 29% of Gen X owners and 17% of Boomers agree
Image via Shutterstock
- Study finds more people unwilling to share data
- Study: Internet speeds up globally
- Study IDs how Millennials engage with traditional media
- Report: Half of online buys happen after an hour
- Expert: Why real time isn't fast enough
- What new crowdfunding rules mean for SMBs
- Study IDs how retailers can compete with Amazon
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...