News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Do signs still point to the deals?
Maybe more brightly than they did in the past. Those are literal signs in that headline, by the way. According to a new small business survey out from FedEx Office, in-store signage remains an important component to SMB owners - but younger owners place more emphasis on the right signs.
Recently FedEx Office surveyed small businesses to find out how they approach signage - surprisingly younger small business owners (age 18-34) place more importance on in-store signage than older owners (age 55+). In fact about two-thirds (64%) of Millennial SMB owners say graphics and signage have 'significant value' for their business while fewer than half (45%) of Baby Boomer SMB owners say the same. Instead, older business owners place more emphasis on out-of-store advertising - like email (34%) and brochures (39%).
"We understand how important it is to address the array of design and signage needs among small business owners of any generation and are constantly seeking solutions to help them succeed," said Randy Scarborough, vice president of retail marketing for FedEx. "Whether you are an experienced business owner or just starting out, FedEx Office offers design and print experts to help create large-format posters and banners that emphasize a business's personality."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 91% of all SMB owners say readable signs are important
• Millenial owners are more likely to go for humor in signage
• 46% of Millennials ask signage experts for advice on design
• 47% of Millennials believe modern/contemporary sign designs are important, 29% of Gen X owners and 17% of Boomers agree
Image via Shutterstock
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...