News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Do signs still point to the deals?
Maybe more brightly than they did in the past. Those are literal signs in that headline, by the way. According to a new small business survey out from FedEx Office, in-store signage remains an important component to SMB owners - but younger owners place more emphasis on the right signs.
Recently FedEx Office surveyed small businesses to find out how they approach signage - surprisingly younger small business owners (age 18-34) place more importance on in-store signage than older owners (age 55+). In fact about two-thirds (64%) of Millennial SMB owners say graphics and signage have 'significant value' for their business while fewer than half (45%) of Baby Boomer SMB owners say the same. Instead, older business owners place more emphasis on out-of-store advertising - like email (34%) and brochures (39%).
"We understand how important it is to address the array of design and signage needs among small business owners of any generation and are constantly seeking solutions to help them succeed," said Randy Scarborough, vice president of retail marketing for FedEx. "Whether you are an experienced business owner or just starting out, FedEx Office offers design and print experts to help create large-format posters and banners that emphasize a business's personality."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 91% of all SMB owners say readable signs are important
• Millenial owners are more likely to go for humor in signage
• 46% of Millennials ask signage experts for advice on design
• 47% of Millennials believe modern/contemporary sign designs are important, 29% of Gen X owners and 17% of Boomers agree
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
- Survey: Retailers aren't ready for EMV deadline
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...