News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Digital interactions will influence 50% of in-store sales by year end
If retailers needed any more proof that digital is having a significant effect on in-store shopping behavior then perhaps the latest study from Deloitte will finally get the message across.
From the report, The New Digital Divide, it is clear that retailers that do not consider digital - in the form of desktop, laptop, tablets and smartphones - are failing to take into consideration how today's shoppers shop.
"The result is a digital divide between what consumers do and what retailers deliver," says Kasey Lobaugh, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP and Deloitte Digital's chief retail innovation officer. "This gap not only threatens overall revenue, but requires retailers to reset the way they measure and invest in digital efforts."
One key finding was that many consumers today (80%) are shunning the help of store helpers and instead prefer to use their own device or an in-store kiosk.
Other key findings from the report include:
- Digital interactions drive 36% of every dollar spent in-store, or $1.1 trillion overall;
- By the end of this year, digital interactions are set to influence 50% of in-store sales;
- 84% of store visitors use a digital device before or during a shopping trip;
- Consumers that use a digital device during their journey to purchase or to make a purchase spend, on average, 40% more than those who do not;
- Product information found on shopping channels influence 75% of shoppers and enhanced loyalty.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: In mobile, color matters
- Vungle releases ad tool, integrates with Adap.TV
- Multifactor authentication added to RoboForm
- Research reveals which website image format results in happier visitors
- Location accuracy analysis reveals improvement for mobile ad campaigns
- Research reveals Millennials' attitudes toward brands
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...