News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Digital interactions will influence 50% of in-store sales by year end
If retailers needed any more proof that digital is having a significant effect on in-store shopping behavior then perhaps the latest study from Deloitte will finally get the message across.
From the report, The New Digital Divide, it is clear that retailers that do not consider digital - in the form of desktop, laptop, tablets and smartphones - are failing to take into consideration how today's shoppers shop.
"The result is a digital divide between what consumers do and what retailers deliver," says Kasey Lobaugh, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP and Deloitte Digital's chief retail innovation officer. "This gap not only threatens overall revenue, but requires retailers to reset the way they measure and invest in digital efforts."
One key finding was that many consumers today (80%) are shunning the help of store helpers and instead prefer to use their own device or an in-store kiosk.
Other key findings from the report include:
- Digital interactions drive 36% of every dollar spent in-store, or $1.1 trillion overall;
- By the end of this year, digital interactions are set to influence 50% of in-store sales;
- 84% of store visitors use a digital device before or during a shopping trip;
- Consumers that use a digital device during their journey to purchase or to make a purchase spend, on average, 40% more than those who do not;
- Product information found on shopping channels influence 75% of shoppers and enhanced loyalty.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...