News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Digital interactions will influence 50% of in-store sales by year end
If retailers needed any more proof that digital is having a significant effect on in-store shopping behavior then perhaps the latest study from Deloitte will finally get the message across.
From the report, The New Digital Divide, it is clear that retailers that do not consider digital - in the form of desktop, laptop, tablets and smartphones - are failing to take into consideration how today's shoppers shop.
"The result is a digital divide between what consumers do and what retailers deliver," says Kasey Lobaugh, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP and Deloitte Digital's chief retail innovation officer. "This gap not only threatens overall revenue, but requires retailers to reset the way they measure and invest in digital efforts."
One key finding was that many consumers today (80%) are shunning the help of store helpers and instead prefer to use their own device or an in-store kiosk.
Other key findings from the report include:
- Digital interactions drive 36% of every dollar spent in-store, or $1.1 trillion overall;
- By the end of this year, digital interactions are set to influence 50% of in-store sales;
- 84% of store visitors use a digital device before or during a shopping trip;
- Consumers that use a digital device during their journey to purchase or to make a purchase spend, on average, 40% more than those who do not;
- Product information found on shopping channels influence 75% of shoppers and enhanced loyalty.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...