News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: How device attribution can lead to more revenue
Many advertisers are sitting on tremendous amounts of data, but are not sure what to do with it. One expert weighs in on how audience and device data can lead to higher campaign ROIs.
Kristina: How can brands better use audience data to improve online targeting?
Katie Risch, SVP of Publisher Development, Centro: Brand advertisers should strategize how to bring their offline data online. From there, they should test various offerings or consumer messages with different audiences. The beauty of digital is the ability to try new things with little risk. Mobile location data has never been more precise or abundant, re-targeting is readily available, and local publishers are sitting on a wealth of first-party data from their local reader base. Brands can keep pushing the envelope with different tactics to build loyal customers. Most importantly, brands shouldn't forget about those who are not customers yet. It's easy to re-target the same people who visit your site or use your coupon every week. The challenge is expanding the targeting to non-users. Digital and data is the cement that will help pave the path to successful customer conversion.
Kristina: Cross-channel and device attribution are two big buzzwords right now. What trends are you seeing in these spaces?
Katie: On the local level we are hearing some rumblings surrounding these technology, though we still may be a year or two out before these buzzwords become commonplace among local advertisers. Nevertheless, local sales organizations who are talking to advertisers about integrated (device and channel) campaigns are one step in the right direction. Advertisers will win on the cross-channel and device attribution front by continuing to develop products and services with features such as enhanced dashboard reporting, becoming well-versed in web analytics and utilizing real-time bidding for direct-response focused campaigns.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...