News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: How device attribution can lead to more revenue
Many advertisers are sitting on tremendous amounts of data, but are not sure what to do with it. One expert weighs in on how audience and device data can lead to higher campaign ROIs.
Kristina: How can brands better use audience data to improve online targeting?
Katie Risch, SVP of Publisher Development, Centro: Brand advertisers should strategize how to bring their offline data online. From there, they should test various offerings or consumer messages with different audiences. The beauty of digital is the ability to try new things with little risk. Mobile location data has never been more precise or abundant, re-targeting is readily available, and local publishers are sitting on a wealth of first-party data from their local reader base. Brands can keep pushing the envelope with different tactics to build loyal customers. Most importantly, brands shouldn't forget about those who are not customers yet. It's easy to re-target the same people who visit your site or use your coupon every week. The challenge is expanding the targeting to non-users. Digital and data is the cement that will help pave the path to successful customer conversion.
Kristina: Cross-channel and device attribution are two big buzzwords right now. What trends are you seeing in these spaces?
Katie: On the local level we are hearing some rumblings surrounding these technology, though we still may be a year or two out before these buzzwords become commonplace among local advertisers. Nevertheless, local sales organizations who are talking to advertisers about integrated (device and channel) campaigns are one step in the right direction. Advertisers will win on the cross-channel and device attribution front by continuing to develop products and services with features such as enhanced dashboard reporting, becoming well-versed in web analytics and utilizing real-time bidding for direct-response focused campaigns.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....