News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: How device attribution can lead to more revenue
Many advertisers are sitting on tremendous amounts of data, but are not sure what to do with it. One expert weighs in on how audience and device data can lead to higher campaign ROIs.
Kristina: How can brands better use audience data to improve online targeting?
Katie Risch, SVP of Publisher Development, Centro: Brand advertisers should strategize how to bring their offline data online. From there, they should test various offerings or consumer messages with different audiences. The beauty of digital is the ability to try new things with little risk. Mobile location data has never been more precise or abundant, re-targeting is readily available, and local publishers are sitting on a wealth of first-party data from their local reader base. Brands can keep pushing the envelope with different tactics to build loyal customers. Most importantly, brands shouldn't forget about those who are not customers yet. It's easy to re-target the same people who visit your site or use your coupon every week. The challenge is expanding the targeting to non-users. Digital and data is the cement that will help pave the path to successful customer conversion.
Kristina: Cross-channel and device attribution are two big buzzwords right now. What trends are you seeing in these spaces?
Katie: On the local level we are hearing some rumblings surrounding these technology, though we still may be a year or two out before these buzzwords become commonplace among local advertisers. Nevertheless, local sales organizations who are talking to advertisers about integrated (device and channel) campaigns are one step in the right direction. Advertisers will win on the cross-channel and device attribution front by continuing to develop products and services with features such as enhanced dashboard reporting, becoming well-versed in web analytics and utilizing real-time bidding for direct-response focused campaigns.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...