News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BlackArrow, Nielsen offer ad options in time shifted content
No one watches TV any more. Okay, that's a lie. Most people still watch television, they are simply watching differently and that makes it harder for advertisers to know if their sponsorships are engaging viewers or simply being skipped over. Enter a new solution from Nielsen and BlackArrow set up to provide scale to television advertisers.
Nielsen's On Demand Commercial Ratings (ODCR) platform may change the way some brands look at television advertising.
"At a time when consumers expect content to be available on multiple screens whenever they want it, Nielsen is developing solutions to help our clients further monetize their content and maximize the value of their business models," said Brian Fuhrer, SVP, Nielsen. "BlackArrow works closely with many of our clients to extend the value of their content."
While many Americans are still watching television content, most are now using DVRs to record and watch programming when it is convenient for them. And skipping over long commercial breaks in the process. The ODCR option allows commercial content to be inserted into older/repeat episodes of the same program being recorded to watch on demand.
This extends the life of the ad content and increases the potential engagement factor for the advertiser. BlackArrow is using their dynamic ad insertion technology to ensure the ads are inserted into qualified, appropriate programming.
"VOD has quickly become a key platform for TV audiences - especially for the viewing of primetime TV shows", said Dean McCormick at BlackArrow. "BlackArrow's support of Nielsen's On Demand Commercial Ratings provides our customers another valuable solution in their efforts to build a sustainable on-demand TV business model for themselves and their affiliates."
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...