News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BlackArrow, Nielsen offer ad options in time shifted content
No one watches TV any more. Okay, that's a lie. Most people still watch television, they are simply watching differently and that makes it harder for advertisers to know if their sponsorships are engaging viewers or simply being skipped over. Enter a new solution from Nielsen and BlackArrow set up to provide scale to television advertisers.
Nielsen's On Demand Commercial Ratings (ODCR) platform may change the way some brands look at television advertising.
"At a time when consumers expect content to be available on multiple screens whenever they want it, Nielsen is developing solutions to help our clients further monetize their content and maximize the value of their business models," said Brian Fuhrer, SVP, Nielsen. "BlackArrow works closely with many of our clients to extend the value of their content."
While many Americans are still watching television content, most are now using DVRs to record and watch programming when it is convenient for them. And skipping over long commercial breaks in the process. The ODCR option allows commercial content to be inserted into older/repeat episodes of the same program being recorded to watch on demand.
This extends the life of the ad content and increases the potential engagement factor for the advertiser. BlackArrow is using their dynamic ad insertion technology to ensure the ads are inserted into qualified, appropriate programming.
"VOD has quickly become a key platform for TV audiences - especially for the viewing of primetime TV shows", said Dean McCormick at BlackArrow. "BlackArrow's support of Nielsen's On Demand Commercial Ratings provides our customers another valuable solution in their efforts to build a sustainable on-demand TV business model for themselves and their affiliates."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: 'Digital amnesia' the result of over-reliance on mobile
- New Zealand passes law criminalizing cyberbullying
- U.K.: Marketers concerned about keeping pace with marketing technology
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...