News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BlackArrow, Nielsen offer ad options in time shifted content
No one watches TV any more. Okay, that's a lie. Most people still watch television, they are simply watching differently and that makes it harder for advertisers to know if their sponsorships are engaging viewers or simply being skipped over. Enter a new solution from Nielsen and BlackArrow set up to provide scale to television advertisers.
Nielsen's On Demand Commercial Ratings (ODCR) platform may change the way some brands look at television advertising.
"At a time when consumers expect content to be available on multiple screens whenever they want it, Nielsen is developing solutions to help our clients further monetize their content and maximize the value of their business models," said Brian Fuhrer, SVP, Nielsen. "BlackArrow works closely with many of our clients to extend the value of their content."
While many Americans are still watching television content, most are now using DVRs to record and watch programming when it is convenient for them. And skipping over long commercial breaks in the process. The ODCR option allows commercial content to be inserted into older/repeat episodes of the same program being recorded to watch on demand.
This extends the life of the ad content and increases the potential engagement factor for the advertiser. BlackArrow is using their dynamic ad insertion technology to ensure the ads are inserted into qualified, appropriate programming.
"VOD has quickly become a key platform for TV audiences - especially for the viewing of primetime TV shows", said Dean McCormick at BlackArrow. "BlackArrow's support of Nielsen's On Demand Commercial Ratings provides our customers another valuable solution in their efforts to build a sustainable on-demand TV business model for themselves and their affiliates."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...