News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BlackArrow, Nielsen offer ad options in time shifted content
No one watches TV any more. Okay, that's a lie. Most people still watch television, they are simply watching differently and that makes it harder for advertisers to know if their sponsorships are engaging viewers or simply being skipped over. Enter a new solution from Nielsen and BlackArrow set up to provide scale to television advertisers.
Nielsen's On Demand Commercial Ratings (ODCR) platform may change the way some brands look at television advertising.
"At a time when consumers expect content to be available on multiple screens whenever they want it, Nielsen is developing solutions to help our clients further monetize their content and maximize the value of their business models," said Brian Fuhrer, SVP, Nielsen. "BlackArrow works closely with many of our clients to extend the value of their content."
While many Americans are still watching television content, most are now using DVRs to record and watch programming when it is convenient for them. And skipping over long commercial breaks in the process. The ODCR option allows commercial content to be inserted into older/repeat episodes of the same program being recorded to watch on demand.
This extends the life of the ad content and increases the potential engagement factor for the advertiser. BlackArrow is using their dynamic ad insertion technology to ensure the ads are inserted into qualified, appropriate programming.
"VOD has quickly become a key platform for TV audiences - especially for the viewing of primetime TV shows", said Dean McCormick at BlackArrow. "BlackArrow's support of Nielsen's On Demand Commercial Ratings provides our customers another valuable solution in their efforts to build a sustainable on-demand TV business model for themselves and their affiliates."
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....