News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Apps in the workplace boost worker productivity
Worker productivity can be boosted by apps, according to new research from salesform.com. Six out of ten British employees now use apps on mobile devices for work-related tasks.
Deploying apps in the workplace can boost worker productivity by more than 34%, according to salesforce.com's research. Of those workers using dedicated department-specific apps, more than 60% saw an increase in personal productivity.
Almost all of those using apps for work-related activities (90%) say their behavior has changed for the better yet 59% say their workplace has been too slow to deliver such apps. Half of C-level app users believe apps improve multi-tasking and 71% think using apps on mobile devices enhances the image of employees.
"Apps give employees real-time access to business-critical information no matter where they are, making them more productive and effective," said Miguel Milano, president, EMEA, salesforce.com.
However, recent research from LogMeIn suggests that employees that bring their own apps into the workplace environment could be harmful and put business data at risk. Their report found that almost two-thirds of employees bring their own apps to work, even if a similar app is on offer from their employer yet 39% of businesses aren't managing this activity.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...