News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Apps in the workplace boost worker productivity
Worker productivity can be boosted by apps, according to new research from salesform.com. Six out of ten British employees now use apps on mobile devices for work-related tasks.
Deploying apps in the workplace can boost worker productivity by more than 34%, according to salesforce.com's research. Of those workers using dedicated department-specific apps, more than 60% saw an increase in personal productivity.
Almost all of those using apps for work-related activities (90%) say their behavior has changed for the better yet 59% say their workplace has been too slow to deliver such apps. Half of C-level app users believe apps improve multi-tasking and 71% think using apps on mobile devices enhances the image of employees.
"Apps give employees real-time access to business-critical information no matter where they are, making them more productive and effective," said Miguel Milano, president, EMEA, salesforce.com.
However, recent research from LogMeIn suggests that employees that bring their own apps into the workplace environment could be harmful and put business data at risk. Their report found that almost two-thirds of employees bring their own apps to work, even if a similar app is on offer from their employer yet 39% of businesses aren't managing this activity.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: In mobile, color matters
- Vungle releases ad tool, integrates with Adap.TV
- Multifactor authentication added to RoboForm
- Research reveals which website image format results in happier visitors
- Location accuracy analysis reveals improvement for mobile ad campaigns
- Research reveals Millennials' attitudes toward brands
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...