News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
6 in 10 marketers have doubled Twitter spend over last two years
New research into the use of Twitter by marketers reveals that spending on the platform is up, as is the expectation of seeing hard business benefits and a return on investment.
On the heels of Twitter's announcement of an ad revenue rise of 125% comes the results of a survey from Twitter management platform SocialBro that show almost six in 10 marketers (57%) are now spending 50% more on the social media platform than they were 2 years ago. Among 15% spending has tripled over the same period.
According to Javier Burón, CEO and co-founder of SocialBro, the survey findings highlight the maturation of Twitter over the last two years coupled with the platform's introduction of new advertising features and changes in its overall design.
"Companies expect to see hard business benefits and they accept that it is worth investing to deliver a consistent and creative brand experience that achieves measurable return on investment," said Burón.
Three-quarters of survey respondents said a prime attraction to Twitter was its real-time communication and for two-thirds it was the ability to spread messages virally. However, over half (53%) commented on social media's potential to take up a lot of time.
"A badly managed social media campaign has the potential to be a black hole for time," warned Burón. "But it doesn't need to be that way. It is easy to make your Twitter routine more efficient as long as you have structured planning, monitoring and reporting systems in place."
Earlier this year, SocialBro released data showing that businesses on Twitter will lose 15% of new Followers within three weeks if they don't make the effort to engage early on in the relationship.
- Customer experience to be key brand differentiator by 2020
- The differences between American, European ads and why they matter
- Study: Online video pushing hungry people to burger chains
- Google's HTTPS ranking signal has little to no effect
- 'Huge landmark' as ecommerce mobile traffic overtakes desktop
- Happy birthday, email! Now, what can you do for me?
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...