News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
6 in 10 marketers have doubled Twitter spend over last two years
New research into the use of Twitter by marketers reveals that spending on the platform is up, as is the expectation of seeing hard business benefits and a return on investment.
On the heels of Twitter's announcement of an ad revenue rise of 125% comes the results of a survey from Twitter management platform SocialBro that show almost six in 10 marketers (57%) are now spending 50% more on the social media platform than they were 2 years ago. Among 15% spending has tripled over the same period.
According to Javier Burón, CEO and co-founder of SocialBro, the survey findings highlight the maturation of Twitter over the last two years coupled with the platform's introduction of new advertising features and changes in its overall design.
"Companies expect to see hard business benefits and they accept that it is worth investing to deliver a consistent and creative brand experience that achieves measurable return on investment," said Burón.
Three-quarters of survey respondents said a prime attraction to Twitter was its real-time communication and for two-thirds it was the ability to spread messages virally. However, over half (53%) commented on social media's potential to take up a lot of time.
"A badly managed social media campaign has the potential to be a black hole for time," warned Burón. "But it doesn't need to be that way. It is easy to make your Twitter routine more efficient as long as you have structured planning, monitoring and reporting systems in place."
Earlier this year, SocialBro released data showing that businesses on Twitter will lose 15% of new Followers within three weeks if they don't make the effort to engage early on in the relationship.
- Black Friday, Millennials, shopping, standing in line and... spiders
- Amazon strikes a pose with huge fashion photography studio in London
- How does $1-$3 per month sound for an ad-free Internet experience?
- Study: How mobiles are influencing moms
- Survey: SMBs drawing a line at Thanksgiving
- Is free enterprise search a game-changer?
- Expert: How mobile is changing customer relationships
- Prediction: Programmatic to push content marketing spend
Featured White Papers
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....