News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
6 in 10 marketers have doubled Twitter spend over last two years
New research into the use of Twitter by marketers reveals that spending on the platform is up, as is the expectation of seeing hard business benefits and a return on investment.
On the heels of Twitter's announcement of an ad revenue rise of 125% comes the results of a survey from Twitter management platform SocialBro that show almost six in 10 marketers (57%) are now spending 50% more on the social media platform than they were 2 years ago. Among 15% spending has tripled over the same period.
According to Javier Burón, CEO and co-founder of SocialBro, the survey findings highlight the maturation of Twitter over the last two years coupled with the platform's introduction of new advertising features and changes in its overall design.
"Companies expect to see hard business benefits and they accept that it is worth investing to deliver a consistent and creative brand experience that achieves measurable return on investment," said Burón.
Three-quarters of survey respondents said a prime attraction to Twitter was its real-time communication and for two-thirds it was the ability to spread messages virally. However, over half (53%) commented on social media's potential to take up a lot of time.
"A badly managed social media campaign has the potential to be a black hole for time," warned Burón. "But it doesn't need to be that way. It is easy to make your Twitter routine more efficient as long as you have structured planning, monitoring and reporting systems in place."
Earlier this year, SocialBro released data showing that businesses on Twitter will lose 15% of new Followers within three weeks if they don't make the effort to engage early on in the relationship.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...