News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
6 in 10 marketers have doubled Twitter spend over last two years
New research into the use of Twitter by marketers reveals that spending on the platform is up, as is the expectation of seeing hard business benefits and a return on investment.
On the heels of Twitter's announcement of an ad revenue rise of 125% comes the results of a survey from Twitter management platform SocialBro that show almost six in 10 marketers (57%) are now spending 50% more on the social media platform than they were 2 years ago. Among 15% spending has tripled over the same period.
According to Javier Burón, CEO and co-founder of SocialBro, the survey findings highlight the maturation of Twitter over the last two years coupled with the platform's introduction of new advertising features and changes in its overall design.
"Companies expect to see hard business benefits and they accept that it is worth investing to deliver a consistent and creative brand experience that achieves measurable return on investment," said Burón.
Three-quarters of survey respondents said a prime attraction to Twitter was its real-time communication and for two-thirds it was the ability to spread messages virally. However, over half (53%) commented on social media's potential to take up a lot of time.
"A badly managed social media campaign has the potential to be a black hole for time," warned Burón. "But it doesn't need to be that way. It is easy to make your Twitter routine more efficient as long as you have structured planning, monitoring and reporting systems in place."
Earlier this year, SocialBro released data showing that businesses on Twitter will lose 15% of new Followers within three weeks if they don't make the effort to engage early on in the relationship.
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...