News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
6 in 10 marketers have doubled Twitter spend over last two years
New research into the use of Twitter by marketers reveals that spending on the platform is up, as is the expectation of seeing hard business benefits and a return on investment.
On the heels of Twitter's announcement of an ad revenue rise of 125% comes the results of a survey from Twitter management platform SocialBro that show almost six in 10 marketers (57%) are now spending 50% more on the social media platform than they were 2 years ago. Among 15% spending has tripled over the same period.
According to Javier Burón, CEO and co-founder of SocialBro, the survey findings highlight the maturation of Twitter over the last two years coupled with the platform's introduction of new advertising features and changes in its overall design.
"Companies expect to see hard business benefits and they accept that it is worth investing to deliver a consistent and creative brand experience that achieves measurable return on investment," said Burón.
Three-quarters of survey respondents said a prime attraction to Twitter was its real-time communication and for two-thirds it was the ability to spread messages virally. However, over half (53%) commented on social media's potential to take up a lot of time.
"A badly managed social media campaign has the potential to be a black hole for time," warned Burón. "But it doesn't need to be that way. It is easy to make your Twitter routine more efficient as long as you have structured planning, monitoring and reporting systems in place."
Earlier this year, SocialBro released data showing that businesses on Twitter will lose 15% of new Followers within three weeks if they don't make the effort to engage early on in the relationship.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...