News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
The eating-out habits of young adults in the UK has come under the microscope thanks to a report from Voxburner. It reveals that customer service is top of young diners' priorities and that their experience is likely to end up on Facebook, not TripAdvisor.
Voxburner's survey of 1,244 UK 16-24 year-olds found that when eating out nearly all (90%) rated good service as a priority - more so than the venue's cleanliness (85%).
Furthermore, they expect fast ordering and payment processes (72%) although just 22% said they would want to order or pay using a digital platform. However, 90% do want to be able to view menus and prices online.
Few young adults would bother to put a review of their dining experience on sites such as TripAdvisor or TopTable (28%) but 58% were likely to make a comment about it on Facebook and 47% might compose a Tweet. As for taking photos of their food - 56% said they would do so and post them online.
According to Luke Mitchell, head of insights at Voxburner, young adults don't want to "feel intimidated or judged" as they enter into the grown-up world of dining out which is why customer service is of such great importance to them.
In terms of restaurant chains favored by young adults, Nando's came top followed by McDonald's, Subway, Wetherspoon and Pizza Express.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Retail, ad solutions launched
- Expert IDs drivers for mobile video
- Expert: How to keep employees motivated
- Brands use content marketing primarily for brand awareness
- Salecycle research reveals the perfect abandoned cart email
- Retailers lost 19% of Christmas customers to rivals
- Hope for homeless asking for cash in cashless society
- B2B organizations struggle to provide streamlined, frictionless commerce experiences
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...