News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
The eating-out habits of young adults in the UK has come under the microscope thanks to a report from Voxburner. It reveals that customer service is top of young diners' priorities and that their experience is likely to end up on Facebook, not TripAdvisor.
Voxburner's survey of 1,244 UK 16-24 year-olds found that when eating out nearly all (90%) rated good service as a priority - more so than the venue's cleanliness (85%).
Furthermore, they expect fast ordering and payment processes (72%) although just 22% said they would want to order or pay using a digital platform. However, 90% do want to be able to view menus and prices online.
Few young adults would bother to put a review of their dining experience on sites such as TripAdvisor or TopTable (28%) but 58% were likely to make a comment about it on Facebook and 47% might compose a Tweet. As for taking photos of their food - 56% said they would do so and post them online.
According to Luke Mitchell, head of insights at Voxburner, young adults don't want to "feel intimidated or judged" as they enter into the grown-up world of dining out which is why customer service is of such great importance to them.
In terms of restaurant chains favored by young adults, Nando's came top followed by McDonald's, Subway, Wetherspoon and Pizza Express.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad experience improves but ad blocking still rising
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
- Study: Visuals important in reviews
- Consumers increasingly comfortable with mHealth options
- Study: Personalization important for rewards
- Retailers: How to use out-of-store events to engage
- Why do online shoppers switch devices between research and purchase?
- Video ad budgets increasingly diversifying beyond pre-roll
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...