News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
The eating-out habits of young adults in the UK has come under the microscope thanks to a report from Voxburner. It reveals that customer service is top of young diners' priorities and that their experience is likely to end up on Facebook, not TripAdvisor.
Voxburner's survey of 1,244 UK 16-24 year-olds found that when eating out nearly all (90%) rated good service as a priority - more so than the venue's cleanliness (85%).
Furthermore, they expect fast ordering and payment processes (72%) although just 22% said they would want to order or pay using a digital platform. However, 90% do want to be able to view menus and prices online.
Few young adults would bother to put a review of their dining experience on sites such as TripAdvisor or TopTable (28%) but 58% were likely to make a comment about it on Facebook and 47% might compose a Tweet. As for taking photos of their food - 56% said they would do so and post them online.
According to Luke Mitchell, head of insights at Voxburner, young adults don't want to "feel intimidated or judged" as they enter into the grown-up world of dining out which is why customer service is of such great importance to them.
In terms of restaurant chains favored by young adults, Nando's came top followed by McDonald's, Subway, Wetherspoon and Pizza Express.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...