News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter outstrips Facebook ad clicks
While advertisers spent more money with Facebook than Twitter, it's Twitter that delivers the best results, according to new research from social and search ad agency Resolution Media.
In their analysis of 20 clients whose social media ad spending represented $37 million in 2013, Resolution Media has concluded that ads on Twitter generate significantly more clicks than Facebook.
Yet those clients, among them Hertz, FedEx, Pepsi and McDonald's, spent 127% more on advertising with Facebook than Twitter.
"Facebook's relative maturity as a direct response channel, combined with these new ad offerings, explains much of the strategic thinking that drove advertisers to spend more with Facebook," says Resolution Media's 'Social Trends Report'. "Add to that the sheer reach and supply of advertising inventory offered by Facebook, and it's easy to understand what led advertisers to spend more than twice their Twitter budgets with Facebook."
However, that spending gap could be set to narrow as Twitter continues to launch more ad formats and features. In fact, according to the report, many industry sectors significantly increased their spending on Twitter during 2013, despite impressions and clicks costing significantly more on the platform than Facebook.
Recent reports suggest that as many as 15 new ad types, including new app install ads, will be launched by Twitter in the coming weeks.
Image via Shutterstock
- How to tell if interactions are successful or not
- Report: In case of emergency, try cell
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...