News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter outstrips Facebook ad clicks
While advertisers spent more money with Facebook than Twitter, it's Twitter that delivers the best results, according to new research from social and search ad agency Resolution Media.
In their analysis of 20 clients whose social media ad spending represented $37 million in 2013, Resolution Media has concluded that ads on Twitter generate significantly more clicks than Facebook.
Yet those clients, among them Hertz, FedEx, Pepsi and McDonald's, spent 127% more on advertising with Facebook than Twitter.
"Facebook's relative maturity as a direct response channel, combined with these new ad offerings, explains much of the strategic thinking that drove advertisers to spend more with Facebook," says Resolution Media's 'Social Trends Report'. "Add to that the sheer reach and supply of advertising inventory offered by Facebook, and it's easy to understand what led advertisers to spend more than twice their Twitter budgets with Facebook."
However, that spending gap could be set to narrow as Twitter continues to launch more ad formats and features. In fact, according to the report, many industry sectors significantly increased their spending on Twitter during 2013, despite impressions and clicks costing significantly more on the platform than Facebook.
Recent reports suggest that as many as 15 new ad types, including new app install ads, will be launched by Twitter in the coming weeks.
Image via Shutterstock
- The effect of clutter on ad gaze time and viewability
- Women in UK leading the way in mobile shopping
- Today's consumers want more from loyalty programs
- Expert: MCommerce nearing tipping point
- Merchants: How to make wishlists work for you
- Top 3 tips to better source loyalty data
- 57% of consumers do not trust a business with their data
- 39% turn blind eye to branded social media posts
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...