News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter extends Pinned Tweets to selected high-profile Tweeters
Facebook has long provided Page and Group owners with the ability to 'pin' a post to the top of a newsfeed, and now Twitter is providing such a feature for a select number of high-profile Tweeters
A feature that has been available to Twitter's partnership members for around a year is to be rolled out to a select group of users for free. The 'pinned Tweets' feature will be made available to a limited number of celebrities and other high-profile users such as artists and politicians free of charge.
The move will enable those selected to use the feature to 'pin' a single Tweet at the top of their profiles. That pinned Tweet will be identified as 'promoted'. The pinned Tweet will not be shown to users of the Twitter app or TweetDeck as it only appears on the browser version of the social platform.
Pinning a Tweet with an image could help to boost engagement. Recent research by Twitter data scientist Douglas Mason found that adding photos, a hashtag, video or a quote greatly enhances the chances of a Tweet being Retweeted. Tweets with a photo attached averaged 35% more Retweets than those without and those with video were boosted by 28%.
"The fact is, people don't engage equally with every Tweet," says Twitter's data editor Simon Rogers. "But now we can confirm that adding video, links and photos all result in an impressive boost in the number of Retweets."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...