News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top tips for SMBs in will preparation
Tax day in the US is just around the corner, but April isn't only tax month. It is also Make A Will month. One expert offers their top tips to create a solid will so that business owners' families are protected.
First, assess the assets - and be very critical of them. According to experts with Rocket Lawyer business assets - both digital and offline - should be scrutinized even by small businesses. At this stage the business owner should leave their property to the people or organizations they want; however, specific listings should be avoided. Also, look at non-probate assets - like retirement accounts and insurance policies.
Second, designate an executor who will see your wishes through.
"Beneficiaries are the people or organizations to which you wish to leave your property, and the executor is the person in charge of making sure the property is distributed, per your instructions in the will. Your executor should be someone you trust to carry out and follow your wishes. Because your executor will have to deal with the legal and financial obligations of estate administration, choose someone who has a head for finance and can handle the responsibility," writes the company.
Third, create a time-table to review the will on an on-going, regular basis.
"It is important to review and update your will regularly," writes the company. "Getting married, buying a home, having children, getting a divorce, the death of a beneficiary or executor, and new tax laws are all reasons to update an existing will. Your estate plan should evolve as your life changes."
Image via Shutterstock
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...