News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve video ad engagement
Most brands are playing in the online video space, either in creating unique branded content or in sponsoring content through ads. One expert explains how brands can improve the time viewers are spending with video ads.
According to data out from comScore more than three-quarters of US adults watched online video clips last month. Of the 48.7 billion clips served more than 25 billion were ads. Given that so many people are watching video clips and that so many brands are already in the space, how can anyone stand out?
First, make it engaging.
"The first step here is drawing users to the website with engaging, exclusive content. For example, we leverage exclusive video interviews for GossipCenter.com attract visitors to the site and keep them there," said Brad Mandell, CEO, Bluefin Media.
Second, promote internally. All of the best content should be promoted internally so that it is simple for viewers to find unique content.
"There is only so much real estate on a page, and you can't expect a user to complete 4-5 clicks to find what their looking for. Create internal banners to promote the best content you have across all pages of your site," said Mandell.
Third, make all the content count - and make it good. Stick with premium content rather than throwing up not-ready-for-primetime content just to have something new.
"Do not have content on your site just for the sake of having content. If you have premium content mixed in with a bunch of garbage users will block all of it out, and your site produce a negative impression. Never sacrifice the quality of your content to have mass volume," said Mandell.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...