News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve e-tail strategy
There is a limited amount of time to get a solid online retail strategy in place for not only the summer but for back to school and then the 2014 holiday season. Marketsmith CEO Monica C. Smith offers her best advice for brands moving into the second half of 2014.
First, embrace mobile.
"Currently, the top 100 web-only retail sites take an average of 2.99 seconds to load on a mobile device. According to The Search Agency's recent study, only nine of those top 100 sites incorporate responsive web design (RWD). Long load times and clunky layout design are a surefire way to turn e-commerce customers off to your brand," said Monica C. Smith CEO of Marketsmith Inc and
Second, leverage in-store mobile behavior. A growing number of consumers are using their mobile devices in-store to compare prices, get more information, or to purchase items online at a discount. While some marketers may view this behavior as a threat that could undermine their retail efforts, other more modern marketers see mobile "showrooming" as an opportunity and are meeting the consumer in the aisle through their mobile device.
Third, dial into analytics.
"Monitoring sales data on a weekly, or even once-daily, basis is no longer enough. In order to understand the key levers that should be tweaked on a real-time basis to maximize retail performance, you need to have complete sight to real-time performance data. The key is to be able to collect all of the relevant data - transactional, media performance, consumer demographic, and consumer engagement metrics - necessary to create a meaningful and insightful dashboard that provides the insight needed to optimize the marketing plan in real-time. That insight gives brands the ability to hold their marketing spend completely accountable - dollar for dollar," said Smith.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...