News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve e-tail strategy
There is a limited amount of time to get a solid online retail strategy in place for not only the summer but for back to school and then the 2014 holiday season. Marketsmith CEO Monica C. Smith offers her best advice for brands moving into the second half of 2014.
First, embrace mobile.
"Currently, the top 100 web-only retail sites take an average of 2.99 seconds to load on a mobile device. According to The Search Agency's recent study, only nine of those top 100 sites incorporate responsive web design (RWD). Long load times and clunky layout design are a surefire way to turn e-commerce customers off to your brand," said Monica C. Smith CEO of Marketsmith Inc and
Second, leverage in-store mobile behavior. A growing number of consumers are using their mobile devices in-store to compare prices, get more information, or to purchase items online at a discount. While some marketers may view this behavior as a threat that could undermine their retail efforts, other more modern marketers see mobile "showrooming" as an opportunity and are meeting the consumer in the aisle through their mobile device.
Third, dial into analytics.
"Monitoring sales data on a weekly, or even once-daily, basis is no longer enough. In order to understand the key levers that should be tweaked on a real-time basis to maximize retail performance, you need to have complete sight to real-time performance data. The key is to be able to collect all of the relevant data - transactional, media performance, consumer demographic, and consumer engagement metrics - necessary to create a meaningful and insightful dashboard that provides the insight needed to optimize the marketing plan in real-time. That insight gives brands the ability to hold their marketing spend completely accountable - dollar for dollar," said Smith.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...