News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve e-tail strategy
There is a limited amount of time to get a solid online retail strategy in place for not only the summer but for back to school and then the 2014 holiday season. Marketsmith CEO Monica C. Smith offers her best advice for brands moving into the second half of 2014.
First, embrace mobile.
"Currently, the top 100 web-only retail sites take an average of 2.99 seconds to load on a mobile device. According to The Search Agency's recent study, only nine of those top 100 sites incorporate responsive web design (RWD). Long load times and clunky layout design are a surefire way to turn e-commerce customers off to your brand," said Monica C. Smith CEO of Marketsmith Inc and
Second, leverage in-store mobile behavior. A growing number of consumers are using their mobile devices in-store to compare prices, get more information, or to purchase items online at a discount. While some marketers may view this behavior as a threat that could undermine their retail efforts, other more modern marketers see mobile "showrooming" as an opportunity and are meeting the consumer in the aisle through their mobile device.
Third, dial into analytics.
"Monitoring sales data on a weekly, or even once-daily, basis is no longer enough. In order to understand the key levers that should be tweaked on a real-time basis to maximize retail performance, you need to have complete sight to real-time performance data. The key is to be able to collect all of the relevant data - transactional, media performance, consumer demographic, and consumer engagement metrics - necessary to create a meaningful and insightful dashboard that provides the insight needed to optimize the marketing plan in real-time. That insight gives brands the ability to hold their marketing spend completely accountable - dollar for dollar," said Smith.
Image via Shutterstock
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...