News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve e-tail strategy
There is a limited amount of time to get a solid online retail strategy in place for not only the summer but for back to school and then the 2014 holiday season. Marketsmith CEO Monica C. Smith offers her best advice for brands moving into the second half of 2014.
First, embrace mobile.
"Currently, the top 100 web-only retail sites take an average of 2.99 seconds to load on a mobile device. According to The Search Agency's recent study, only nine of those top 100 sites incorporate responsive web design (RWD). Long load times and clunky layout design are a surefire way to turn e-commerce customers off to your brand," said Monica C. Smith CEO of Marketsmith Inc and
Second, leverage in-store mobile behavior. A growing number of consumers are using their mobile devices in-store to compare prices, get more information, or to purchase items online at a discount. While some marketers may view this behavior as a threat that could undermine their retail efforts, other more modern marketers see mobile "showrooming" as an opportunity and are meeting the consumer in the aisle through their mobile device.
Third, dial into analytics.
"Monitoring sales data on a weekly, or even once-daily, basis is no longer enough. In order to understand the key levers that should be tweaked on a real-time basis to maximize retail performance, you need to have complete sight to real-time performance data. The key is to be able to collect all of the relevant data - transactional, media performance, consumer demographic, and consumer engagement metrics - necessary to create a meaningful and insightful dashboard that provides the insight needed to optimize the marketing plan in real-time. That insight gives brands the ability to hold their marketing spend completely accountable - dollar for dollar," said Smith.
Image via Shutterstock
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
- Online shoppers overwhelmed by choice
- Smartwatches: time for a new ad format
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...