News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve customer engagement
Customer engagement can be a flaky thing. What is interesting to a shopper on Monday won't necessarily interest them on Friday. Added to that, a misstep in email can turn a shopper away from a brand quickly. Here are our top 3 tips to improve customer engagement online.
First, invest in the right technology for targeting and engagement.
"Technology has come so far with consumer targeting. It also allows advertisers to engage with the consumer they want, in the way they want, when they want. The tools are there and they are relatively easy to use. Any advertiser not taking advantage is definitely missing out. With that said, invest in the technology that will best help you produce results you want," said Patrick Quigley, CEO, Vantage Media. "There are new platform available all the time. Do the research, test small but broadly, and allocate your spend to what is truly delivering new buyers, not just browsers."
Second, focus targeting efforts on right person, right place and right time.
"If you have two consumers that look alike demographically but one consumer has shown a higher propensity to buy a certain product right now, then it's a no brainer to target that consumer who has higher purchase intent," said Quigley.
Third, utilize native ad options.
"Native advertising indexed high in our consumer engagement test, and it's no surprise since all of the right ingredients are there. The content is likely relevant to the reader for them to want to consume it, while advertising within the same context makes sense since the reader will find the ads relevant. The more engaging your content, and the better the native ads within it, the more engagement you will see between consumers and your ads," said Quigley.
Image via Shutterstock
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
- Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...