News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve customer engagement
Customer engagement can be a flaky thing. What is interesting to a shopper on Monday won't necessarily interest them on Friday. Added to that, a misstep in email can turn a shopper away from a brand quickly. Here are our top 3 tips to improve customer engagement online.
First, invest in the right technology for targeting and engagement.
"Technology has come so far with consumer targeting. It also allows advertisers to engage with the consumer they want, in the way they want, when they want. The tools are there and they are relatively easy to use. Any advertiser not taking advantage is definitely missing out. With that said, invest in the technology that will best help you produce results you want," said Patrick Quigley, CEO, Vantage Media. "There are new platform available all the time. Do the research, test small but broadly, and allocate your spend to what is truly delivering new buyers, not just browsers."
Second, focus targeting efforts on right person, right place and right time.
"If you have two consumers that look alike demographically but one consumer has shown a higher propensity to buy a certain product right now, then it's a no brainer to target that consumer who has higher purchase intent," said Quigley.
Third, utilize native ad options.
"Native advertising indexed high in our consumer engagement test, and it's no surprise since all of the right ingredients are there. The content is likely relevant to the reader for them to want to consume it, while advertising within the same context makes sense since the reader will find the ads relevant. The more engaging your content, and the better the native ads within it, the more engagement you will see between consumers and your ads," said Quigley.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...