News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve customer engagement
Customer engagement can be a flaky thing. What is interesting to a shopper on Monday won't necessarily interest them on Friday. Added to that, a misstep in email can turn a shopper away from a brand quickly. Here are our top 3 tips to improve customer engagement online.
First, invest in the right technology for targeting and engagement.
"Technology has come so far with consumer targeting. It also allows advertisers to engage with the consumer they want, in the way they want, when they want. The tools are there and they are relatively easy to use. Any advertiser not taking advantage is definitely missing out. With that said, invest in the technology that will best help you produce results you want," said Patrick Quigley, CEO, Vantage Media. "There are new platform available all the time. Do the research, test small but broadly, and allocate your spend to what is truly delivering new buyers, not just browsers."
Second, focus targeting efforts on right person, right place and right time.
"If you have two consumers that look alike demographically but one consumer has shown a higher propensity to buy a certain product right now, then it's a no brainer to target that consumer who has higher purchase intent," said Quigley.
Third, utilize native ad options.
"Native advertising indexed high in our consumer engagement test, and it's no surprise since all of the right ingredients are there. The content is likely relevant to the reader for them to want to consume it, while advertising within the same context makes sense since the reader will find the ads relevant. The more engaging your content, and the better the native ads within it, the more engagement you will see between consumers and your ads," said Quigley.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....