News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Workers want better connection
For more than twenty years workers have been using desktops at home, and now mobile devices, too, to access work files from home or while on vacation. So it stands to reason that these IT backends are simple to use and make workers feel productive, right? Wrong. According to new Pertino data workers are frustrated with their ability - or inability - to access work information outside the office.
Pertino researchers surveyed nearly 1000 American workers and found most (75%) need remote access to better control when and from where they work, with 60% saying this kind of access increases their productivity - a win for businesses.
Unfortunately most - both tech departments and workers - are dissatisfied with their current infrastructure. More than half (58%) say remote performance lags while 43% report remote features are unreliable and about one-third (31%) report these systems are not easy to use.
"As this survey illustrates, we are reaching a tipping point in the number of IT-dependent employees that need or desire greater flexibility in where and when they work, and this is starting to expose weaknesses in legacy network technologies," said Todd Krautkremer, vice president of marketing at Pertino. "Cloud networking can free businesses from traditional hardware-related costs and constraints so they can extend secure network access to everyone, everywhere, and on any device, and it protects against weather-related outages by enabling businesses to seamlessly host their critical IT resources in the cloud. This all adds up to greater overall business productivity, less IT cost and support requirements, and greater employee satisfaction."
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 90% 'rely on' IT infrastructure to access files remotely
• 77% of American workers 'are not satisfied' with remote office IT access
• 65% contact IT helpdesks at least monthly
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
- Snap Ads spend rises 593% QoQ
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...