News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Workers want better connection
For more than twenty years workers have been using desktops at home, and now mobile devices, too, to access work files from home or while on vacation. So it stands to reason that these IT backends are simple to use and make workers feel productive, right? Wrong. According to new Pertino data workers are frustrated with their ability - or inability - to access work information outside the office.
Pertino researchers surveyed nearly 1000 American workers and found most (75%) need remote access to better control when and from where they work, with 60% saying this kind of access increases their productivity - a win for businesses.
Unfortunately most - both tech departments and workers - are dissatisfied with their current infrastructure. More than half (58%) say remote performance lags while 43% report remote features are unreliable and about one-third (31%) report these systems are not easy to use.
"As this survey illustrates, we are reaching a tipping point in the number of IT-dependent employees that need or desire greater flexibility in where and when they work, and this is starting to expose weaknesses in legacy network technologies," said Todd Krautkremer, vice president of marketing at Pertino. "Cloud networking can free businesses from traditional hardware-related costs and constraints so they can extend secure network access to everyone, everywhere, and on any device, and it protects against weather-related outages by enabling businesses to seamlessly host their critical IT resources in the cloud. This all adds up to greater overall business productivity, less IT cost and support requirements, and greater employee satisfaction."
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 90% 'rely on' IT infrastructure to access files remotely
• 77% of American workers 'are not satisfied' with remote office IT access
• 65% contact IT helpdesks at least monthly
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...