News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Workers want better connection
For more than twenty years workers have been using desktops at home, and now mobile devices, too, to access work files from home or while on vacation. So it stands to reason that these IT backends are simple to use and make workers feel productive, right? Wrong. According to new Pertino data workers are frustrated with their ability - or inability - to access work information outside the office.
Pertino researchers surveyed nearly 1000 American workers and found most (75%) need remote access to better control when and from where they work, with 60% saying this kind of access increases their productivity - a win for businesses.
Unfortunately most - both tech departments and workers - are dissatisfied with their current infrastructure. More than half (58%) say remote performance lags while 43% report remote features are unreliable and about one-third (31%) report these systems are not easy to use.
"As this survey illustrates, we are reaching a tipping point in the number of IT-dependent employees that need or desire greater flexibility in where and when they work, and this is starting to expose weaknesses in legacy network technologies," said Todd Krautkremer, vice president of marketing at Pertino. "Cloud networking can free businesses from traditional hardware-related costs and constraints so they can extend secure network access to everyone, everywhere, and on any device, and it protects against weather-related outages by enabling businesses to seamlessly host their critical IT resources in the cloud. This all adds up to greater overall business productivity, less IT cost and support requirements, and greater employee satisfaction."
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 90% 'rely on' IT infrastructure to access files remotely
• 77% of American workers 'are not satisfied' with remote office IT access
• 65% contact IT helpdesks at least monthly
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
- Digital Roundup: Free and freemium models launched
- Banking industry figures show silver surfers avid users of Internet, mobile banking
- Top 3 holiday trends than will impact 2015
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...