News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Tuesday/Thursday are best days for sharing
Think social media followers share just as many brand offers on Mondays as, say Thursdays? Think again. According to new data out from Extole Tuesdays and Thursdays outrank all other days for sharing, but Monday is still a day retailers don't want to miss.
Referral marketing is dependent on two things: word of mouth and engaged list members. Because if members aren't engaged - i.e. sharing - branded messages, the message will have a lesser impact. New data out from Extole sheds light on how shoppers are clicking, sharing and converting.
One of the biggest findings is that Tuesdays and Thursdays are getting more shares. Some experts might note that Mondays are when shoppers return to work and 'see' emails they may have missed over the weekend, the data indicates that shoppers seeing those emails or social messages aren't sharing - they're buying.
• Monday conversion rates are between 10% and 15%
• Tuesday is closest with just under 10% conversions
• Saturday/Sunday both show negative conversions
But, for brands interested in amplifying ads, Thursday is the day. Thursdays show at least a 20% Share rate while Tuesday's shares rank around 15% and Monday's share rate is negative.
• Both Tuesday and Thursday show 10% click thru rates
• Monday and weekend click thru rates are in the negative column
"All this goes to show that while the referral marketing channel drives purchase, your program isn't something to simply set up and ignore. Just as with SEO and SEM, many variables contribute to success. There are lots of opportunities to optimize how your referral program works for you, including taking into account when the most sharing happens and when that sharing converts the most purchases," write the experts from Extole.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: More formats, reporting available to brands
- What drives reward program spending
- Forecast: Local media to slide mobile
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...