News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Tuesday/Thursday are best days for sharing
Think social media followers share just as many brand offers on Mondays as, say Thursdays? Think again. According to new data out from Extole Tuesdays and Thursdays outrank all other days for sharing, but Monday is still a day retailers don't want to miss.
Referral marketing is dependent on two things: word of mouth and engaged list members. Because if members aren't engaged - i.e. sharing - branded messages, the message will have a lesser impact. New data out from Extole sheds light on how shoppers are clicking, sharing and converting.
One of the biggest findings is that Tuesdays and Thursdays are getting more shares. Some experts might note that Mondays are when shoppers return to work and 'see' emails they may have missed over the weekend, the data indicates that shoppers seeing those emails or social messages aren't sharing - they're buying.
• Monday conversion rates are between 10% and 15%
• Tuesday is closest with just under 10% conversions
• Saturday/Sunday both show negative conversions
But, for brands interested in amplifying ads, Thursday is the day. Thursdays show at least a 20% Share rate while Tuesday's shares rank around 15% and Monday's share rate is negative.
• Both Tuesday and Thursday show 10% click thru rates
• Monday and weekend click thru rates are in the negative column
"All this goes to show that while the referral marketing channel drives purchase, your program isn't something to simply set up and ignore. Just as with SEO and SEM, many variables contribute to success. There are lots of opportunities to optimize how your referral program works for you, including taking into account when the most sharing happens and when that sharing converts the most purchases," write the experts from Extole.
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumers ready for biometric authentication methods
- Expert: Why brands need to be hyper-aware of fintech challenges
- Study: Customer experience falling short
- More than half of cart abandoners return later to complete the purchase
- Study: How consumers use social to source news
- How brands can monetize machine learning for subscription services
- Consumers: There is a time, place for paid content
- Trends to watch for back-to-school
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...