News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Tuesday/Thursday are best days for sharing
Think social media followers share just as many brand offers on Mondays as, say Thursdays? Think again. According to new data out from Extole Tuesdays and Thursdays outrank all other days for sharing, but Monday is still a day retailers don't want to miss.
Referral marketing is dependent on two things: word of mouth and engaged list members. Because if members aren't engaged - i.e. sharing - branded messages, the message will have a lesser impact. New data out from Extole sheds light on how shoppers are clicking, sharing and converting.
One of the biggest findings is that Tuesdays and Thursdays are getting more shares. Some experts might note that Mondays are when shoppers return to work and 'see' emails they may have missed over the weekend, the data indicates that shoppers seeing those emails or social messages aren't sharing - they're buying.
• Monday conversion rates are between 10% and 15%
• Tuesday is closest with just under 10% conversions
• Saturday/Sunday both show negative conversions
But, for brands interested in amplifying ads, Thursday is the day. Thursdays show at least a 20% Share rate while Tuesday's shares rank around 15% and Monday's share rate is negative.
• Both Tuesday and Thursday show 10% click thru rates
• Monday and weekend click thru rates are in the negative column
"All this goes to show that while the referral marketing channel drives purchase, your program isn't something to simply set up and ignore. Just as with SEO and SEM, many variables contribute to success. There are lots of opportunities to optimize how your referral program works for you, including taking into account when the most sharing happens and when that sharing converts the most purchases," write the experts from Extole.
Image via Shutterstock
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...