News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Tuesday/Thursday are best days for sharing
Think social media followers share just as many brand offers on Mondays as, say Thursdays? Think again. According to new data out from Extole Tuesdays and Thursdays outrank all other days for sharing, but Monday is still a day retailers don't want to miss.
Referral marketing is dependent on two things: word of mouth and engaged list members. Because if members aren't engaged - i.e. sharing - branded messages, the message will have a lesser impact. New data out from Extole sheds light on how shoppers are clicking, sharing and converting.
One of the biggest findings is that Tuesdays and Thursdays are getting more shares. Some experts might note that Mondays are when shoppers return to work and 'see' emails they may have missed over the weekend, the data indicates that shoppers seeing those emails or social messages aren't sharing - they're buying.
• Monday conversion rates are between 10% and 15%
• Tuesday is closest with just under 10% conversions
• Saturday/Sunday both show negative conversions
But, for brands interested in amplifying ads, Thursday is the day. Thursdays show at least a 20% Share rate while Tuesday's shares rank around 15% and Monday's share rate is negative.
• Both Tuesday and Thursday show 10% click thru rates
• Monday and weekend click thru rates are in the negative column
"All this goes to show that while the referral marketing channel drives purchase, your program isn't something to simply set up and ignore. Just as with SEO and SEM, many variables contribute to success. There are lots of opportunities to optimize how your referral program works for you, including taking into account when the most sharing happens and when that sharing converts the most purchases," write the experts from Extole.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...