News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
Small businesses are getting smarter about how - and where - they spend ad dollars. While most can only dream about the budgets behind national brands, new data out from Constant Contact shows SMBs are making the most of multi-channel marketing.
Multi-channel marketing is simply using multiple platforms - mobile, social, online - as well as formats - display, native, video - to reach more consumers in more places. These campaigns run the gamut from interactive display to content-relevant video and are built off one another so that the advertiser and drive new and repeat business.
"The survey demonstrates that small business owners are becoming more active marketers and are taking advantage of the array of online marketing tools available to them," said Gail Goodman, CEO of Constant Contact. "On a practical level, the survey shows why small organizations can benefit from an all-in-one marketing platform like Toolkit. Not only is it more cost-effective than working with a variety of vendors, but Toolkit makes it easy to discover and use all the different campaigns that deliver the best results - everything from newsletters and events to trackable coupons and social fan promotions."
According to the findings:
• 82% of SMBs have adopted multi-channel programs
• 73% report they are 'having success' with multi-channel
• Customer Engagement, New Customers and Increased Traffic are three of the top gaining areas
The researchers also found that that places giving SMBs the most trouble are budgets and campaign selection.
To help SMBs make more sense of budgets, campaign selection and analysis Constant Contact is releasing the Constant Contact Toolkit, set up to simplify online marketing by putting a wealth of marketing tools within a single infrastructure.
"Toolkit acts like a customer engine, helping small organizations direct, drive, and accelerate the marketing activities that deliver the best results, so they spend less time on their marketing and focus more energy on their real passion - their business," said Goodman.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
- Facebook enables ad targeting by connection speed
- UK: Lousy public holiday weather drives take-out food search surge
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...