News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
Small businesses are getting smarter about how - and where - they spend ad dollars. While most can only dream about the budgets behind national brands, new data out from Constant Contact shows SMBs are making the most of multi-channel marketing.
Multi-channel marketing is simply using multiple platforms - mobile, social, online - as well as formats - display, native, video - to reach more consumers in more places. These campaigns run the gamut from interactive display to content-relevant video and are built off one another so that the advertiser and drive new and repeat business.
"The survey demonstrates that small business owners are becoming more active marketers and are taking advantage of the array of online marketing tools available to them," said Gail Goodman, CEO of Constant Contact. "On a practical level, the survey shows why small organizations can benefit from an all-in-one marketing platform like Toolkit. Not only is it more cost-effective than working with a variety of vendors, but Toolkit makes it easy to discover and use all the different campaigns that deliver the best results - everything from newsletters and events to trackable coupons and social fan promotions."
According to the findings:
• 82% of SMBs have adopted multi-channel programs
• 73% report they are 'having success' with multi-channel
• Customer Engagement, New Customers and Increased Traffic are three of the top gaining areas
The researchers also found that that places giving SMBs the most trouble are budgets and campaign selection.
To help SMBs make more sense of budgets, campaign selection and analysis Constant Contact is releasing the Constant Contact Toolkit, set up to simplify online marketing by putting a wealth of marketing tools within a single infrastructure.
"Toolkit acts like a customer engine, helping small organizations direct, drive, and accelerate the marketing activities that deliver the best results, so they spend less time on their marketing and focus more energy on their real passion - their business," said Goodman.
Image via Shutterstock
- The effect of clutter on ad gaze time and viewability
- Women in UK leading the way in mobile shopping
- Today's consumers want more from loyalty programs
- Expert: MCommerce nearing tipping point
- Merchants: How to make wishlists work for you
- Top 3 tips to better source loyalty data
- 57% of consumers do not trust a business with their data
- 39% turn blind eye to branded social media posts
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...