News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
Small businesses are getting smarter about how - and where - they spend ad dollars. While most can only dream about the budgets behind national brands, new data out from Constant Contact shows SMBs are making the most of multi-channel marketing.
Multi-channel marketing is simply using multiple platforms - mobile, social, online - as well as formats - display, native, video - to reach more consumers in more places. These campaigns run the gamut from interactive display to content-relevant video and are built off one another so that the advertiser and drive new and repeat business.
"The survey demonstrates that small business owners are becoming more active marketers and are taking advantage of the array of online marketing tools available to them," said Gail Goodman, CEO of Constant Contact. "On a practical level, the survey shows why small organizations can benefit from an all-in-one marketing platform like Toolkit. Not only is it more cost-effective than working with a variety of vendors, but Toolkit makes it easy to discover and use all the different campaigns that deliver the best results - everything from newsletters and events to trackable coupons and social fan promotions."
According to the findings:
• 82% of SMBs have adopted multi-channel programs
• 73% report they are 'having success' with multi-channel
• Customer Engagement, New Customers and Increased Traffic are three of the top gaining areas
The researchers also found that that places giving SMBs the most trouble are budgets and campaign selection.
To help SMBs make more sense of budgets, campaign selection and analysis Constant Contact is releasing the Constant Contact Toolkit, set up to simplify online marketing by putting a wealth of marketing tools within a single infrastructure.
"Toolkit acts like a customer engine, helping small organizations direct, drive, and accelerate the marketing activities that deliver the best results, so they spend less time on their marketing and focus more energy on their real passion - their business," said Goodman.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...