News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Mobile search captures more ad dollars
Pay per click ad spending is seeing a new push and it's in the mobile space. That is the takeaway from Covario's Q1 Global Search report, which shows the mobile search spending jumped 135% (Q1 2013 vs. Q1 2014) and 35% over Q4 2013.
Because of the sharp increase in mobile search spending, the mobile space now accounts for about one-quarter of all search spending. Breaking down the mobile numbers even farther tablets accounted for more than half (60%) of the spend while smartphones accounted for 40%.
Overall, the search spend increased about 25% (Q1 2013 vs. Q1 2014) and 7% over Q4 2013.
Alex Funk, director of global paid media strategy at Covario, says this increase is because of the mobile space has matured; the spending increase also underlines a new trend - that of search engines rolling out larger formats and extensions for the mobile space.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Search spending in North and South America increased about 30% YoY
• EMEA search spending only increased 6% YoY, but QtoQ saw spending increases of 13%
• Asia/Pacific search spending increased 26% YoY
Meanwhile, February numbers have been released by comScore and show continued search growth from a consumer standpoint. Nearly 18 billion explicit core searches were queried in February, most through Google's engine (67%). Microsoft's Bing engine accounted for just over 18% while Yahoo, Ask and AOL each accounted for 10% or less.
Image via Shutterstock
- Big brands found using 'dark UX' methods
- Video Roundup: New formats mean new opportunities
- Top 3 tips for chatbot, CSE integrations
- Email trends to watch for 2017
- 'Beacosystem' driving billions of dollars in sales
- Facebook trumps YouTube for Christmas TV ad discovery
- Report: Customers are mobile, retailers are not
- Forecasts: Programmatic, Native on the up
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...