News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Mobile search captures more ad dollars
Pay per click ad spending is seeing a new push and it's in the mobile space. That is the takeaway from Covario's Q1 Global Search report, which shows the mobile search spending jumped 135% (Q1 2013 vs. Q1 2014) and 35% over Q4 2013.
Because of the sharp increase in mobile search spending, the mobile space now accounts for about one-quarter of all search spending. Breaking down the mobile numbers even farther tablets accounted for more than half (60%) of the spend while smartphones accounted for 40%.
Overall, the search spend increased about 25% (Q1 2013 vs. Q1 2014) and 7% over Q4 2013.
Alex Funk, director of global paid media strategy at Covario, says this increase is because of the mobile space has matured; the spending increase also underlines a new trend - that of search engines rolling out larger formats and extensions for the mobile space.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Search spending in North and South America increased about 30% YoY
• EMEA search spending only increased 6% YoY, but QtoQ saw spending increases of 13%
• Asia/Pacific search spending increased 26% YoY
Meanwhile, February numbers have been released by comScore and show continued search growth from a consumer standpoint. Nearly 18 billion explicit core searches were queried in February, most through Google's engine (67%). Microsoft's Bing engine accounted for just over 18% while Yahoo, Ask and AOL each accounted for 10% or less.
Image via Shutterstock
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
- Adobe: $27billion spent so far, 46% mobile traffic
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
- Study: Shoppers plan to spend more, save more this holiday
- How to respond to bad reviews
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...