News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Mobile search captures more ad dollars
Pay per click ad spending is seeing a new push and it's in the mobile space. That is the takeaway from Covario's Q1 Global Search report, which shows the mobile search spending jumped 135% (Q1 2013 vs. Q1 2014) and 35% over Q4 2013.
Because of the sharp increase in mobile search spending, the mobile space now accounts for about one-quarter of all search spending. Breaking down the mobile numbers even farther tablets accounted for more than half (60%) of the spend while smartphones accounted for 40%.
Overall, the search spend increased about 25% (Q1 2013 vs. Q1 2014) and 7% over Q4 2013.
Alex Funk, director of global paid media strategy at Covario, says this increase is because of the mobile space has matured; the spending increase also underlines a new trend - that of search engines rolling out larger formats and extensions for the mobile space.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Search spending in North and South America increased about 30% YoY
• EMEA search spending only increased 6% YoY, but QtoQ saw spending increases of 13%
• Asia/Pacific search spending increased 26% YoY
Meanwhile, February numbers have been released by comScore and show continued search growth from a consumer standpoint. Nearly 18 billion explicit core searches were queried in February, most through Google's engine (67%). Microsoft's Bing engine accounted for just over 18% while Yahoo, Ask and AOL each accounted for 10% or less.
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...