News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
Despite mobile devices, smart televisions, radio, television and newspapers it is harder than ever for brands to connect with consumers. Some experts say 'always on' functionality makes it easy for consumers to ignore brands, some say brands need to aggregate and analyze customer data better.
According to Engagement 3.0: A New Model for Customer Engagement most brands need to look at the messaging they are sending out to consumers - especially those who have opted in to lists. The research shows a majority (82%) of consumers feel marketing messages aren't being personalized - that they are being treated as part of a crowd.
Other disturbing trends from a consumer standpoint include:
• 16% say irrelevant messaging can make them switch brands
• 93% of consumers say the speed with which brands respond to them impacts their opinion
• 24% consider changing brands when communication is inefficient
• 85% of consumers don't want brands to ask over and over for personal information - they feel once is enough to provide their personal data
"Restoring the customer relationship back to its pivotal position at the heart of business is the strategic imperative for today's enterprise, and is at the frontline of digital transformation, said Glen Manchester, CEO, Thunderhead. "As a pioneer and leader in the emerging customer engagement market, we are driving a new and disruptive era in CRM. With cloud technology designed for business users, our Engagement 3.0 framework and customer managed journeys, enables businesses to build enduring customer relationships at scale."
Over half of consumers surveyed say their relationships with brands have not improved over the past three years while one-quarter say a single negative experience could make them switch.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...