News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
Despite mobile devices, smart televisions, radio, television and newspapers it is harder than ever for brands to connect with consumers. Some experts say 'always on' functionality makes it easy for consumers to ignore brands, some say brands need to aggregate and analyze customer data better.
According to Engagement 3.0: A New Model for Customer Engagement most brands need to look at the messaging they are sending out to consumers - especially those who have opted in to lists. The research shows a majority (82%) of consumers feel marketing messages aren't being personalized - that they are being treated as part of a crowd.
Other disturbing trends from a consumer standpoint include:
• 16% say irrelevant messaging can make them switch brands
• 93% of consumers say the speed with which brands respond to them impacts their opinion
• 24% consider changing brands when communication is inefficient
• 85% of consumers don't want brands to ask over and over for personal information - they feel once is enough to provide their personal data
"Restoring the customer relationship back to its pivotal position at the heart of business is the strategic imperative for today's enterprise, and is at the frontline of digital transformation, said Glen Manchester, CEO, Thunderhead. "As a pioneer and leader in the emerging customer engagement market, we are driving a new and disruptive era in CRM. With cloud technology designed for business users, our Engagement 3.0 framework and customer managed journeys, enables businesses to build enduring customer relationships at scale."
Over half of consumers surveyed say their relationships with brands have not improved over the past three years while one-quarter say a single negative experience could make them switch.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...