News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
Despite mobile devices, smart televisions, radio, television and newspapers it is harder than ever for brands to connect with consumers. Some experts say 'always on' functionality makes it easy for consumers to ignore brands, some say brands need to aggregate and analyze customer data better.
According to Engagement 3.0: A New Model for Customer Engagement most brands need to look at the messaging they are sending out to consumers - especially those who have opted in to lists. The research shows a majority (82%) of consumers feel marketing messages aren't being personalized - that they are being treated as part of a crowd.
Other disturbing trends from a consumer standpoint include:
• 16% say irrelevant messaging can make them switch brands
• 93% of consumers say the speed with which brands respond to them impacts their opinion
• 24% consider changing brands when communication is inefficient
• 85% of consumers don't want brands to ask over and over for personal information - they feel once is enough to provide their personal data
"Restoring the customer relationship back to its pivotal position at the heart of business is the strategic imperative for today's enterprise, and is at the frontline of digital transformation, said Glen Manchester, CEO, Thunderhead. "As a pioneer and leader in the emerging customer engagement market, we are driving a new and disruptive era in CRM. With cloud technology designed for business users, our Engagement 3.0 framework and customer managed journeys, enables businesses to build enduring customer relationships at scale."
Over half of consumers surveyed say their relationships with brands have not improved over the past three years while one-quarter say a single negative experience could make them switch.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...