News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
Despite mobile devices, smart televisions, radio, television and newspapers it is harder than ever for brands to connect with consumers. Some experts say 'always on' functionality makes it easy for consumers to ignore brands, some say brands need to aggregate and analyze customer data better.
According to Engagement 3.0: A New Model for Customer Engagement most brands need to look at the messaging they are sending out to consumers - especially those who have opted in to lists. The research shows a majority (82%) of consumers feel marketing messages aren't being personalized - that they are being treated as part of a crowd.
Other disturbing trends from a consumer standpoint include:
• 16% say irrelevant messaging can make them switch brands
• 93% of consumers say the speed with which brands respond to them impacts their opinion
• 24% consider changing brands when communication is inefficient
• 85% of consumers don't want brands to ask over and over for personal information - they feel once is enough to provide their personal data
"Restoring the customer relationship back to its pivotal position at the heart of business is the strategic imperative for today's enterprise, and is at the frontline of digital transformation, said Glen Manchester, CEO, Thunderhead. "As a pioneer and leader in the emerging customer engagement market, we are driving a new and disruptive era in CRM. With cloud technology designed for business users, our Engagement 3.0 framework and customer managed journeys, enables businesses to build enduring customer relationships at scale."
Over half of consumers surveyed say their relationships with brands have not improved over the past three years while one-quarter say a single negative experience could make them switch.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....