News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Cost, time a factor in building online presence
If they only had the money and a few extra hours each day, small businesses would have the presence of large corporations. That is the takeaway from a new study out from Huzzah Media found fewer than 20% of SMBs are using mobile apps and loyalty programs - with most citing time and costs as the primary reasons not to participate in these two platforms.
"We know that for all businesses today, increased customer engagement is essential to keep customers coming back, and for smaller merchants, this rings especially true," said Lance Brown, vice president of product development for Huzzah Media. "Huzzah brings deep expertise in the small business market and we are committed to delivering a new set of services that enable them to compete with bigger brands and drive revenue."
Some interesting takeaways from the survey include:
• 80% of SMBs surveyed have a website
• 17% are using loyalty programs
• Less than 20% have a mobile app
To that end, Huzzah is releasing Huzzah Loyalty, a platform geared to helping small businesses perform better online. The platform includes mobile app options as well as a loyalty program - complete with cards - and coaching sessions for the business.
"Thanks to the support of Huzzah's knowledgeable team, the loyalty program is helping us engage with our community in a new way," said Dr. Frank Hernandez, owner of CA-based Hernandez Dental. "Most importantly, it helps us compete in the big leagues - and we've seen an increased enthusiasm for our practice, as a result. Our patients are thinking about us differently and are excited to come in to get the rewards."
Meanwhile their Mobile Ads offering includes geo-fencing options for SMBs as well as pay-per-call options.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Why brands should consider the subscription box
- Retail trends to watch for 2017
- Expert: Tips for a more productive 2017
- Consumers more likely to click on ads featuring user-generated photography
- Personalized offers on mobile drive consumers in-store
- Marketers prioritizing social media for product launches
- Reports: Mobile hot but not everyone is buying
- Ad Roundup: Acquisition, launch to add layers of control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...