News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Cost, time a factor in building online presence
If they only had the money and a few extra hours each day, small businesses would have the presence of large corporations. That is the takeaway from a new study out from Huzzah Media found fewer than 20% of SMBs are using mobile apps and loyalty programs - with most citing time and costs as the primary reasons not to participate in these two platforms.
"We know that for all businesses today, increased customer engagement is essential to keep customers coming back, and for smaller merchants, this rings especially true," said Lance Brown, vice president of product development for Huzzah Media. "Huzzah brings deep expertise in the small business market and we are committed to delivering a new set of services that enable them to compete with bigger brands and drive revenue."
Some interesting takeaways from the survey include:
• 80% of SMBs surveyed have a website
• 17% are using loyalty programs
• Less than 20% have a mobile app
To that end, Huzzah is releasing Huzzah Loyalty, a platform geared to helping small businesses perform better online. The platform includes mobile app options as well as a loyalty program - complete with cards - and coaching sessions for the business.
"Thanks to the support of Huzzah's knowledgeable team, the loyalty program is helping us engage with our community in a new way," said Dr. Frank Hernandez, owner of CA-based Hernandez Dental. "Most importantly, it helps us compete in the big leagues - and we've seen an increased enthusiasm for our practice, as a result. Our patients are thinking about us differently and are excited to come in to get the rewards."
Meanwhile their Mobile Ads offering includes geo-fencing options for SMBs as well as pay-per-call options.
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Online crucial for SMBs
- 3 trends to watch in social marketing
- Expert: How extreme stacking can benefit retailers
- Bing rejected 250 million ads in 2015
- Google reveals 180% increase in hacked websites in 2015
- 74% of UK retailers fail to follow up instances of cart abandonment
- Ad Roundup: Releases focus on data
- Survey: SMBs report good start to 2016
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...