News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Advertisers want programmatic education
Programmatic ad buying, or real-time-bidding, has been gaining traction across the online space for more than a year. From a buyer's perspective, programmatic offers better control of price and placement than some other buying options. But new data out from the ANA and Forrester Research indicate another need for programmatic buyers: education.
The Association of National Advertisers and Forrester Research have released new data indicating that programmatic ad buyers want more education about the process. The study shows more than half (54%) of those surveyed have used programmatic buying over the past year and that another 18% plan to incorporate these buys in the coming year. However nearly half (42%) say they 'have concerns' about programmatic transparency.
"Marketers are still in the early stages of understanding how to use programmatic to win, serve, and retain customers," said Forrester Analyst Jim Nail. "But as the survey shows, marketers realize they must take programmatic seriously and learn how to incorporate this buying method into their overall media buying strategy."
Other interesting findings include:
• Advertisers want to see ads served rather than 'viewable impressions' in digital ads
• Advertisers want to see agency rebates
• Advertisers want to see where ads were placed - above the fold, near what content and frequency caps
• Advertisers want better audience targeting data for their buys
The full findings will be presented at the ANA Media Leadership Conference.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to improve channel data strategy
- Ad Roundup: Video, multichannel launches
- Brands: Why connected content is key to growth
- 2016 festive shopping season will be longer, busier, and break records
- Amazon announces 5x uptick in Dash button use
- Study: Safety key to wearables future
- Study: Half of shoppers look for 'https' or other security symbols online
- Cash, and wallets, soon to be things of the past?
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....