News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Advertisers want programmatic education
Programmatic ad buying, or real-time-bidding, has been gaining traction across the online space for more than a year. From a buyer's perspective, programmatic offers better control of price and placement than some other buying options. But new data out from the ANA and Forrester Research indicate another need for programmatic buyers: education.
The Association of National Advertisers and Forrester Research have released new data indicating that programmatic ad buyers want more education about the process. The study shows more than half (54%) of those surveyed have used programmatic buying over the past year and that another 18% plan to incorporate these buys in the coming year. However nearly half (42%) say they 'have concerns' about programmatic transparency.
"Marketers are still in the early stages of understanding how to use programmatic to win, serve, and retain customers," said Forrester Analyst Jim Nail. "But as the survey shows, marketers realize they must take programmatic seriously and learn how to incorporate this buying method into their overall media buying strategy."
Other interesting findings include:
• Advertisers want to see ads served rather than 'viewable impressions' in digital ads
• Advertisers want to see agency rebates
• Advertisers want to see where ads were placed - above the fold, near what content and frequency caps
• Advertisers want better audience targeting data for their buys
The full findings will be presented at the ANA Media Leadership Conference.
Image via Shutterstock
- Happy birthday, email! Now, what can you do for me?
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...