News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Advertisers want programmatic education
Programmatic ad buying, or real-time-bidding, has been gaining traction across the online space for more than a year. From a buyer's perspective, programmatic offers better control of price and placement than some other buying options. But new data out from the ANA and Forrester Research indicate another need for programmatic buyers: education.
The Association of National Advertisers and Forrester Research have released new data indicating that programmatic ad buyers want more education about the process. The study shows more than half (54%) of those surveyed have used programmatic buying over the past year and that another 18% plan to incorporate these buys in the coming year. However nearly half (42%) say they 'have concerns' about programmatic transparency.
"Marketers are still in the early stages of understanding how to use programmatic to win, serve, and retain customers," said Forrester Analyst Jim Nail. "But as the survey shows, marketers realize they must take programmatic seriously and learn how to incorporate this buying method into their overall media buying strategy."
Other interesting findings include:
• Advertisers want to see ads served rather than 'viewable impressions' in digital ads
• Advertisers want to see agency rebates
• Advertisers want to see where ads were placed - above the fold, near what content and frequency caps
• Advertisers want better audience targeting data for their buys
The full findings will be presented at the ANA Media Leadership Conference.
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...