News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Studies: Web performance impacting experience, Responsive Design slowing mobile sites
Most Ecommerce brands know a thorough website experience is key to engagement, but in some cases that experience is dragging brands down.
Brand decision makers know Ecommerce experiences are impacting their bottom line - and the authority of their brand. That is the takeaway from new data out from Peer 1 Hosting. According to the report more than two-thirds of decision makers acknowledge that consumers' experiences online impact their brand perception.
Other interesting findings include:
• 36% say checkout/shopping cart functionality is key to their success
• 35% say mobile compatibility leads to their success
• More than 20% say page load times and security are key to their success
Meanwhile a new Trilibis study responsive design may give consumers more of what they want - but only if the user sticks around while pages load. Their data shows that of the 155 mobile websites they studied only about 20% had load times of 4 seconds or shorter on smartphones; about one-third (32%) of mobile sites took between 8 and 48 seconds to load.
Why the slow down? Because many sites aren't optimized for mobile screen sizes.
"The mobile Web is considerably slower than its wireline counterpart," said Ted Verani, SVP of sales and marketing at Trilibis. "By serving images and pages that are optimized for mobile devices, we see dramatic improvements in page-load time, which translates to a much better overall user experience."
Google's best practices note websites should load in under 5 seconds or consumers will move on.
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile Roundup: Mobile wallets upping the retail ante
- Report: US, UK users vulnerable because of passwords
- Study: Images linked to email success
- Millennial Media: Video increases engagement
- UK brands fail to improve customer service response rates
- 53% of marketers crave more customer data
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...