News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Studies: Web performance impacting experience, Responsive Design slowing mobile sites
Most Ecommerce brands know a thorough website experience is key to engagement, but in some cases that experience is dragging brands down.
Brand decision makers know Ecommerce experiences are impacting their bottom line - and the authority of their brand. That is the takeaway from new data out from Peer 1 Hosting. According to the report more than two-thirds of decision makers acknowledge that consumers' experiences online impact their brand perception.
Other interesting findings include:
• 36% say checkout/shopping cart functionality is key to their success
• 35% say mobile compatibility leads to their success
• More than 20% say page load times and security are key to their success
Meanwhile a new Trilibis study responsive design may give consumers more of what they want - but only if the user sticks around while pages load. Their data shows that of the 155 mobile websites they studied only about 20% had load times of 4 seconds or shorter on smartphones; about one-third (32%) of mobile sites took between 8 and 48 seconds to load.
Why the slow down? Because many sites aren't optimized for mobile screen sizes.
"The mobile Web is considerably slower than its wireline counterpart," said Ted Verani, SVP of sales and marketing at Trilibis. "By serving images and pages that are optimized for mobile devices, we see dramatic improvements in page-load time, which translates to a much better overall user experience."
Google's best practices note websites should load in under 5 seconds or consumers will move on.
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...