News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Studies: Web performance impacting experience, Responsive Design slowing mobile sites
Most Ecommerce brands know a thorough website experience is key to engagement, but in some cases that experience is dragging brands down.
Brand decision makers know Ecommerce experiences are impacting their bottom line - and the authority of their brand. That is the takeaway from new data out from Peer 1 Hosting. According to the report more than two-thirds of decision makers acknowledge that consumers' experiences online impact their brand perception.
Other interesting findings include:
• 36% say checkout/shopping cart functionality is key to their success
• 35% say mobile compatibility leads to their success
• More than 20% say page load times and security are key to their success
Meanwhile a new Trilibis study responsive design may give consumers more of what they want - but only if the user sticks around while pages load. Their data shows that of the 155 mobile websites they studied only about 20% had load times of 4 seconds or shorter on smartphones; about one-third (32%) of mobile sites took between 8 and 48 seconds to load.
Why the slow down? Because many sites aren't optimized for mobile screen sizes.
"The mobile Web is considerably slower than its wireline counterpart," said Ted Verani, SVP of sales and marketing at Trilibis. "By serving images and pages that are optimized for mobile devices, we see dramatic improvements in page-load time, which translates to a much better overall user experience."
Google's best practices note websites should load in under 5 seconds or consumers will move on.
Image via Shutterstock
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...