News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Snackers present restaurants with mobile opportunity
Today's on-the-go consumer is snacking more today than they were two years ago, according to a new study from Technomic. Just as their lives have become more mobile, consumers want their snacks to be, too, representing a potential new revenue stream for restaurants and food retailers.
The 2014 Snacking Occasion Consumer Trend Report from Technomic shows that more than half (51%) of today's consumers are snacking at least twice a day, up from 48% in 2012. Consumers are eating snacks between meals (49%) and also as a meal replacement (45%).
"The retail market is aggressively promoting snacks, but there's plenty of room for restaurants to expand their snack programs and grab share," writes Technomic on its company blog. "By providing more innovative, healthy and easily portable snacks, and boosting variety, restaurants can position themselves to increase incremental traffic and sales - particularly among a younger customer base."
A younger - and more mobile-dependent customer base, no less.
A particularly interesting finding of the report was that 60% of today's consumers want portable snacks, compared with 55% two years ago and 45% order from the value menu.
Mobile seems a very obvious link between these two observations and a further way in which restaurants can drive traffic and increase sales.
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
- Top 3 tips to strengthen travel-based ad strategy
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...