News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Snackers present restaurants with mobile opportunity
Today's on-the-go consumer is snacking more today than they were two years ago, according to a new study from Technomic. Just as their lives have become more mobile, consumers want their snacks to be, too, representing a potential new revenue stream for restaurants and food retailers.
The 2014 Snacking Occasion Consumer Trend Report from Technomic shows that more than half (51%) of today's consumers are snacking at least twice a day, up from 48% in 2012. Consumers are eating snacks between meals (49%) and also as a meal replacement (45%).
"The retail market is aggressively promoting snacks, but there's plenty of room for restaurants to expand their snack programs and grab share," writes Technomic on its company blog. "By providing more innovative, healthy and easily portable snacks, and boosting variety, restaurants can position themselves to increase incremental traffic and sales - particularly among a younger customer base."
A younger - and more mobile-dependent customer base, no less.
A particularly interesting finding of the report was that 60% of today's consumers want portable snacks, compared with 55% two years ago and 45% order from the value menu.
Mobile seems a very obvious link between these two observations and a further way in which restaurants can drive traffic and increase sales.
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shipping, experience key to satisfaction
- Survey: Recruiting a struggle for IT departments
- Study: Mobile consumers want control
- L2 Report: 64% of brands now on Snapchat
- 98% of Generation Z shop in-store, but challenges ahead for retailers
- Most media chiefs believe fake news is good for business
- Study: Trust, payments annoy marketplace sellers
- Expert: How RegTech will impact 2017
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...