News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Snackers present restaurants with mobile opportunity
Today's on-the-go consumer is snacking more today than they were two years ago, according to a new study from Technomic. Just as their lives have become more mobile, consumers want their snacks to be, too, representing a potential new revenue stream for restaurants and food retailers.
The 2014 Snacking Occasion Consumer Trend Report from Technomic shows that more than half (51%) of today's consumers are snacking at least twice a day, up from 48% in 2012. Consumers are eating snacks between meals (49%) and also as a meal replacement (45%).
"The retail market is aggressively promoting snacks, but there's plenty of room for restaurants to expand their snack programs and grab share," writes Technomic on its company blog. "By providing more innovative, healthy and easily portable snacks, and boosting variety, restaurants can position themselves to increase incremental traffic and sales - particularly among a younger customer base."
A younger - and more mobile-dependent customer base, no less.
A particularly interesting finding of the report was that 60% of today's consumers want portable snacks, compared with 55% two years ago and 45% order from the value menu.
Mobile seems a very obvious link between these two observations and a further way in which restaurants can drive traffic and increase sales.
- Oxford Dictionaries announces 'word of the year' and it is not a word
- Last-minute shopping on the rise during holiday season
- Ecommerce Roundup: Gift cards to push holiday spending
- Top 3 tips to improve Pinterest strategy
- Top strategies for mobile email
- Movable Ink: Most emails read for just 3 seconds or less
- Forecast: Mobile to push nearly half of Thanksgiving Weekend sales
- Reports: Millennials look at Thanksgiving differently
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...