News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
More search dollars are being pushed into Microsoft's Bing space. That according to new data out from The Search Agency which found that Bing's growth (Q1 2014) was more than double the growth of spending for Google.
According to the State of Paid Search Report Bing's growth hit 60% (YoY) while Google's growth rate hit 29%. Google is the 'older' engine and is more established with consumers. Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 28% of all search impressions were from mobile devices; mobile is expected to account for one-third of all impressions by year's end
• Click-thrus, cost-per-click rates and impressions all saw significant YoY growth
• The smartphone impression share was 60% while tablets' share was 42%
"Bing gains ground in overall search traffic and has proven to be an appealing alternative to Google," said Delia Perez, SVP Marketing Strategy at The Search Agency. "A number of factors are driving this growth as advertisers are drawn to Bing's more flexible campaign management tools in the aftermath of Google's crossover to enhanced campaigns. Advertisers are still adjusting to Google's bundling of device management, and Bing may be the more attractive option because it can be a customizable alternative."
Meanwhile comScore is breaking down March search engine rankings and finds that consumers are still heavy on Google - the search giant accounted for more than 67% of explicit core search queries in March; Microsoft's Bing accounted for less than 20%. More than 19 billion explicit core searches were queried for the month; more than two-thirds of searches returned organic results from Google.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...