News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
More search dollars are being pushed into Microsoft's Bing space. That according to new data out from The Search Agency which found that Bing's growth (Q1 2014) was more than double the growth of spending for Google.
According to the State of Paid Search Report Bing's growth hit 60% (YoY) while Google's growth rate hit 29%. Google is the 'older' engine and is more established with consumers. Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 28% of all search impressions were from mobile devices; mobile is expected to account for one-third of all impressions by year's end
• Click-thrus, cost-per-click rates and impressions all saw significant YoY growth
• The smartphone impression share was 60% while tablets' share was 42%
"Bing gains ground in overall search traffic and has proven to be an appealing alternative to Google," said Delia Perez, SVP Marketing Strategy at The Search Agency. "A number of factors are driving this growth as advertisers are drawn to Bing's more flexible campaign management tools in the aftermath of Google's crossover to enhanced campaigns. Advertisers are still adjusting to Google's bundling of device management, and Bing may be the more attractive option because it can be a customizable alternative."
Meanwhile comScore is breaking down March search engine rankings and finds that consumers are still heavy on Google - the search giant accounted for more than 67% of explicit core search queries in March; Microsoft's Bing accounted for less than 20%. More than 19 billion explicit core searches were queried for the month; more than two-thirds of searches returned organic results from Google.
Image via Shutterstock
- Nielsen research reveals countries least likely to embrace mobile-only banking
- Mobile use in restaurants - tolerable or taboo?
- Study: Shoppers want email contact
- New eBay ad targeting tool knows what mood a shopper is in
- Ad Roundup: Data key to new launches
- Top 3 tips to improve travel marketing strategy
- Millennials embrace marketing emails via mobile
- Video posts overtake photo posts by brands on Facebook
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....