News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
More search dollars are being pushed into Microsoft's Bing space. That according to new data out from The Search Agency which found that Bing's growth (Q1 2014) was more than double the growth of spending for Google.
According to the State of Paid Search Report Bing's growth hit 60% (YoY) while Google's growth rate hit 29%. Google is the 'older' engine and is more established with consumers. Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 28% of all search impressions were from mobile devices; mobile is expected to account for one-third of all impressions by year's end
• Click-thrus, cost-per-click rates and impressions all saw significant YoY growth
• The smartphone impression share was 60% while tablets' share was 42%
"Bing gains ground in overall search traffic and has proven to be an appealing alternative to Google," said Delia Perez, SVP Marketing Strategy at The Search Agency. "A number of factors are driving this growth as advertisers are drawn to Bing's more flexible campaign management tools in the aftermath of Google's crossover to enhanced campaigns. Advertisers are still adjusting to Google's bundling of device management, and Bing may be the more attractive option because it can be a customizable alternative."
Meanwhile comScore is breaking down March search engine rankings and finds that consumers are still heavy on Google - the search giant accounted for more than 67% of explicit core search queries in March; Microsoft's Bing accounted for less than 20%. More than 19 billion explicit core searches were queried for the month; more than two-thirds of searches returned organic results from Google.
Image via Shutterstock
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...