News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
More search dollars are being pushed into Microsoft's Bing space. That according to new data out from The Search Agency which found that Bing's growth (Q1 2014) was more than double the growth of spending for Google.
According to the State of Paid Search Report Bing's growth hit 60% (YoY) while Google's growth rate hit 29%. Google is the 'older' engine and is more established with consumers. Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 28% of all search impressions were from mobile devices; mobile is expected to account for one-third of all impressions by year's end
• Click-thrus, cost-per-click rates and impressions all saw significant YoY growth
• The smartphone impression share was 60% while tablets' share was 42%
"Bing gains ground in overall search traffic and has proven to be an appealing alternative to Google," said Delia Perez, SVP Marketing Strategy at The Search Agency. "A number of factors are driving this growth as advertisers are drawn to Bing's more flexible campaign management tools in the aftermath of Google's crossover to enhanced campaigns. Advertisers are still adjusting to Google's bundling of device management, and Bing may be the more attractive option because it can be a customizable alternative."
Meanwhile comScore is breaking down March search engine rankings and finds that consumers are still heavy on Google - the search giant accounted for more than 67% of explicit core search queries in March; Microsoft's Bing accounted for less than 20%. More than 19 billion explicit core searches were queried for the month; more than two-thirds of searches returned organic results from Google.
Image via Shutterstock
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
- Top 3 tips to win with social this holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...
- Motivations in the Marketing Mix
Direct targeting of consumers based on their motivations increased message relevance....
- 10 New Ways to Think About Affiliate Marketing Best Practices
Affiliate marketing is big business and it is poised to grow to $4.5 billion by 2016. While affiliate marketing is...
- Create Conversations, not Campaigns
Nobody wants to get blasted. Commercial email marketing has evolved out of the traditional direct-mail mindset, which is all about...