News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
A new report indicates travel sites may not be connecting well with in-market consumers - and the reason could be a lack of analytics. While online travel hubs are hotspots for many travelers the new report indicates while specific travel sites - like airlines - lag behind.
A lack of data may be keeping more travelers' spending on the tarmac. That is the takeaway from a new report by Lima Consulting Group which indicates more than one-third (37%) of travel pages are reporting incorrect - and inflated - page view metrics.
The Lima Consulting Group report also indicates online travel agency sites are doing the best with analytics, with airlines, hotel and rental car sites are lagging. Some key takeaways include:
• 33% of all travel sites have deployed tag management systems
• Half of those using tag systems are using the free versions rather than premium
• 89% of all sites studied had web analytics tags
"According to research by Gartner, CMOs will spend more on IT than the CIO by 2017," said Paul Lima, principal at Lima Consulting Group. "This should come as no surprise as marketing technology continues to have a bigger impact on the bottom-line of organizations that have a major ecommerce presence. However, marketing in a data-driven era means that the marketers need to ensure they are basing their decisions on accurate data. Correctly managing tags are at the core of this movement."
Image via Shutterstock
- H1 2016's most-used and most-downloaded apps
- Gen Z's in-store expectations - the next challenge for retailers
- Brands: Why revenue based loyalty programs are a better draw
- Retail Roundup: Coupons key for all shoppers
- Study: In-game ads pushing engagement
- Expert: Why branded content appeals to consumers
- Reports: M:Comm up, privacy concerns abound
- Expert: What Pokemon Go phenomena means for businesses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...