News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
A new report indicates travel sites may not be connecting well with in-market consumers - and the reason could be a lack of analytics. While online travel hubs are hotspots for many travelers the new report indicates while specific travel sites - like airlines - lag behind.
A lack of data may be keeping more travelers' spending on the tarmac. That is the takeaway from a new report by Lima Consulting Group which indicates more than one-third (37%) of travel pages are reporting incorrect - and inflated - page view metrics.
The Lima Consulting Group report also indicates online travel agency sites are doing the best with analytics, with airlines, hotel and rental car sites are lagging. Some key takeaways include:
• 33% of all travel sites have deployed tag management systems
• Half of those using tag systems are using the free versions rather than premium
• 89% of all sites studied had web analytics tags
"According to research by Gartner, CMOs will spend more on IT than the CIO by 2017," said Paul Lima, principal at Lima Consulting Group. "This should come as no surprise as marketing technology continues to have a bigger impact on the bottom-line of organizations that have a major ecommerce presence. However, marketing in a data-driven era means that the marketers need to ensure they are basing their decisions on accurate data. Correctly managing tags are at the core of this movement."
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....