News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Photos boost social engagement
New data from SocialBakers reveals that, no matter how big or small a brand's following is on Facebook, their best posts are those that include a photo. Similar research by Twitter reveal the same can be said of Tweets.
According to SocialBakers' study of more than 30,000 brands' Facebook posts over the course of a month, three-quarters of those posts were photographs. That compares to just 10% that were links and 6% that were a simple text status.
Furthermore, across all Facebook Page sizes, photo posts drove the most interactions, although the Pages with the largest following of 1 million+ demonstrated the highest interaction.
However, as SocialBakers point out in their blog post, their findings do not necessarily mean that by posting a photo a brand will automatically garner huge engagement.
"It simply reveals a common trait that the best posts feature more frequently than do ordinary posts," they say. "In order to take advantage of insights like these, you need to know more than just one metric - you need to know all of them."
Douglas Mason, a Twitter data scientist, also revealed the power of photos in his analysis of millions of Tweets sent by verified users in the U.S.
His results show that by adding a photo Tweets averaged 35% more ReTweets than those without. Similarly, Tweets with video saw 28% more ReTweets.
Image via Shutterstock
- Big brands' ads found playing before ISIS YouTube videos
- Image-based social networks up their ad game
- Few help desk systems are cloud-based
- Survey: Phablets fastest growing mobile device
- Brands: How content should change your mobile strategy
- In-store sales down for Valentines finds report
- Top 3 tips for non-profits to succeed in digital
- Ad RoundUp: Partnerships increase ad support across channels
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...