News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Photos boost social engagement
New data from SocialBakers reveals that, no matter how big or small a brand's following is on Facebook, their best posts are those that include a photo. Similar research by Twitter reveal the same can be said of Tweets.
According to SocialBakers' study of more than 30,000 brands' Facebook posts over the course of a month, three-quarters of those posts were photographs. That compares to just 10% that were links and 6% that were a simple text status.
Furthermore, across all Facebook Page sizes, photo posts drove the most interactions, although the Pages with the largest following of 1 million+ demonstrated the highest interaction.
However, as SocialBakers point out in their blog post, their findings do not necessarily mean that by posting a photo a brand will automatically garner huge engagement.
"It simply reveals a common trait that the best posts feature more frequently than do ordinary posts," they say. "In order to take advantage of insights like these, you need to know more than just one metric - you need to know all of them."
Douglas Mason, a Twitter data scientist, also revealed the power of photos in his analysis of millions of Tweets sent by verified users in the U.S.
His results show that by adding a photo Tweets averaged 35% more ReTweets than those without. Similarly, Tweets with video saw 28% more ReTweets.
Image via Shutterstock
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...