News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Photos boost social engagement
New data from SocialBakers reveals that, no matter how big or small a brand's following is on Facebook, their best posts are those that include a photo. Similar research by Twitter reveal the same can be said of Tweets.
According to SocialBakers' study of more than 30,000 brands' Facebook posts over the course of a month, three-quarters of those posts were photographs. That compares to just 10% that were links and 6% that were a simple text status.
Furthermore, across all Facebook Page sizes, photo posts drove the most interactions, although the Pages with the largest following of 1 million+ demonstrated the highest interaction.
However, as SocialBakers point out in their blog post, their findings do not necessarily mean that by posting a photo a brand will automatically garner huge engagement.
"It simply reveals a common trait that the best posts feature more frequently than do ordinary posts," they say. "In order to take advantage of insights like these, you need to know more than just one metric - you need to know all of them."
Douglas Mason, a Twitter data scientist, also revealed the power of photos in his analysis of millions of Tweets sent by verified users in the U.S.
His results show that by adding a photo Tweets averaged 35% more ReTweets than those without. Similarly, Tweets with video saw 28% more ReTweets.
Image via Shutterstock
- Global online travel market to exceed $1billion by 2022
- UK shoppers choose supermarkets primarily on location, not price
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- DMA: Email click-through rates continue to fall
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...