News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More female website owners, bloggers to implement affiliate marketing
The affiliate sector is currently male-dominated but, according to new research from Optimus Performance Marketing, that's all about to change.
When 632 female and 589 male website owners and bloggers were asked whether they understood affiliate marketing, the vast majority (86%) had at least a basic understanding. Yet very few had used affiliate marketing before - just 14% of men and 6% of women.
"At present, with the affiliate sector being largely male dominated, it is hard to see why affiliate marketing hasn't yet managed to strike a chord with more female bloggers and professionals," said Mark Russell, managing director at Optimus Performance Marketing.
However, Russell adds that "more women are gearing up to take the plunge into the affiliate world" with the research highlighting that almost half (47%) of females intend to begin using affiliate marketing.
The reason for most becoming involved in affiliate marketing was to make a little extra cash (41%) and while a third (34%) believed their website or blog would be a good fit for affiliate marketing, 18% thought it would add to the content already on their site.
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile Roundup: Mobile wallets upping the retail ante
- Report: US, UK users vulnerable because of passwords
- Study: Images linked to email success
- Millennial Media: Video increases engagement
- UK brands fail to improve customer service response rates
- 53% of marketers crave more customer data
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...