News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More female website owners, bloggers to implement affiliate marketing
The affiliate sector is currently male-dominated but, according to new research from Optimus Performance Marketing, that's all about to change.
When 632 female and 589 male website owners and bloggers were asked whether they understood affiliate marketing, the vast majority (86%) had at least a basic understanding. Yet very few had used affiliate marketing before - just 14% of men and 6% of women.
"At present, with the affiliate sector being largely male dominated, it is hard to see why affiliate marketing hasn't yet managed to strike a chord with more female bloggers and professionals," said Mark Russell, managing director at Optimus Performance Marketing.
However, Russell adds that "more women are gearing up to take the plunge into the affiliate world" with the research highlighting that almost half (47%) of females intend to begin using affiliate marketing.
The reason for most becoming involved in affiliate marketing was to make a little extra cash (41%) and while a third (34%) believed their website or blog would be a good fit for affiliate marketing, 18% thought it would add to the content already on their site.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...