News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More female website owners, bloggers to implement affiliate marketing
The affiliate sector is currently male-dominated but, according to new research from Optimus Performance Marketing, that's all about to change.
When 632 female and 589 male website owners and bloggers were asked whether they understood affiliate marketing, the vast majority (86%) had at least a basic understanding. Yet very few had used affiliate marketing before - just 14% of men and 6% of women.
"At present, with the affiliate sector being largely male dominated, it is hard to see why affiliate marketing hasn't yet managed to strike a chord with more female bloggers and professionals," said Mark Russell, managing director at Optimus Performance Marketing.
However, Russell adds that "more women are gearing up to take the plunge into the affiliate world" with the research highlighting that almost half (47%) of females intend to begin using affiliate marketing.
The reason for most becoming involved in affiliate marketing was to make a little extra cash (41%) and while a third (34%) believed their website or blog would be a good fit for affiliate marketing, 18% thought it would add to the content already on their site.
Image via Shutterstock
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...