News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More female website owners, bloggers to implement affiliate marketing
The affiliate sector is currently male-dominated but, according to new research from Optimus Performance Marketing, that's all about to change.
When 632 female and 589 male website owners and bloggers were asked whether they understood affiliate marketing, the vast majority (86%) had at least a basic understanding. Yet very few had used affiliate marketing before - just 14% of men and 6% of women.
"At present, with the affiliate sector being largely male dominated, it is hard to see why affiliate marketing hasn't yet managed to strike a chord with more female bloggers and professionals," said Mark Russell, managing director at Optimus Performance Marketing.
However, Russell adds that "more women are gearing up to take the plunge into the affiliate world" with the research highlighting that almost half (47%) of females intend to begin using affiliate marketing.
The reason for most becoming involved in affiliate marketing was to make a little extra cash (41%) and while a third (34%) believed their website or blog would be a good fit for affiliate marketing, 18% thought it would add to the content already on their site.
Image via Shutterstock
- Demandbase: What won't happen in 2015
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shoppers findings leads on social media
- Report: Analysis high on B2Bers New Year List
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...