News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More female website owners, bloggers to implement affiliate marketing
The affiliate sector is currently male-dominated but, according to new research from Optimus Performance Marketing, that's all about to change.
When 632 female and 589 male website owners and bloggers were asked whether they understood affiliate marketing, the vast majority (86%) had at least a basic understanding. Yet very few had used affiliate marketing before - just 14% of men and 6% of women.
"At present, with the affiliate sector being largely male dominated, it is hard to see why affiliate marketing hasn't yet managed to strike a chord with more female bloggers and professionals," said Mark Russell, managing director at Optimus Performance Marketing.
However, Russell adds that "more women are gearing up to take the plunge into the affiliate world" with the research highlighting that almost half (47%) of females intend to begin using affiliate marketing.
The reason for most becoming involved in affiliate marketing was to make a little extra cash (41%) and while a third (34%) believed their website or blog would be a good fit for affiliate marketing, 18% thought it would add to the content already on their site.
Image via Shutterstock
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...