News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Media Rating Council drops advisory as ad viewability rises
As PointRoll's latest Benchmarks Report reveals that ad viewability has risen, the Media Rating Council lifts its advisory warning against advertisers using viewability measurements as trading currency.
Ad viewability and its measurement is a hot topic and well it should be with ad standards so low that a consumer seeing half an ad for one second passes as viewed.
However, measurement of viewability is improving, as is evidenced by today's announcement from the Media Rating Council (MRC). With the exception of viewability measurements for video advertising, the MRC has announced that "limitations on viewability measurement that initially led MRC to issue its advisory have been largely ameliorated".
The move comes after significant improvements have been made in determining the viewability status of an ad as well as a drop in the percentage of ads for which viewability is undetermined.
Data just released by PointRoll in its Benchmarks Report 2013 found that more ads were viewable in 2013, up 14% on the previous year. The analysis of more than 100 billion ad impressions found that 60.4% of online ads were viewable last year, as per IAB standards.
The publisher channels with the highest rates of viewability were Employment and Sports & Recreation - both with 72.6% - followed by Comics & Humor (67.6%) and Games (67.5%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...