News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Media Rating Council drops advisory as ad viewability rises
As PointRoll's latest Benchmarks Report reveals that ad viewability has risen, the Media Rating Council lifts its advisory warning against advertisers using viewability measurements as trading currency.
Ad viewability and its measurement is a hot topic and well it should be with ad standards so low that a consumer seeing half an ad for one second passes as viewed.
However, measurement of viewability is improving, as is evidenced by today's announcement from the Media Rating Council (MRC). With the exception of viewability measurements for video advertising, the MRC has announced that "limitations on viewability measurement that initially led MRC to issue its advisory have been largely ameliorated".
The move comes after significant improvements have been made in determining the viewability status of an ad as well as a drop in the percentage of ads for which viewability is undetermined.
Data just released by PointRoll in its Benchmarks Report 2013 found that more ads were viewable in 2013, up 14% on the previous year. The analysis of more than 100 billion ad impressions found that 60.4% of online ads were viewable last year, as per IAB standards.
The publisher channels with the highest rates of viewability were Employment and Sports & Recreation - both with 72.6% - followed by Comics & Humor (67.6%) and Games (67.5%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
- Big brands found using 'dark UX' methods
- Video Roundup: New formats mean new opportunities
- Top 3 tips for chatbot, CSE integrations
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...