News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Media Rating Council drops advisory as ad viewability rises
As PointRoll's latest Benchmarks Report reveals that ad viewability has risen, the Media Rating Council lifts its advisory warning against advertisers using viewability measurements as trading currency.
Ad viewability and its measurement is a hot topic and well it should be with ad standards so low that a consumer seeing half an ad for one second passes as viewed.
However, measurement of viewability is improving, as is evidenced by today's announcement from the Media Rating Council (MRC). With the exception of viewability measurements for video advertising, the MRC has announced that "limitations on viewability measurement that initially led MRC to issue its advisory have been largely ameliorated".
The move comes after significant improvements have been made in determining the viewability status of an ad as well as a drop in the percentage of ads for which viewability is undetermined.
Data just released by PointRoll in its Benchmarks Report 2013 found that more ads were viewable in 2013, up 14% on the previous year. The analysis of more than 100 billion ad impressions found that 60.4% of online ads were viewable last year, as per IAB standards.
The publisher channels with the highest rates of viewability were Employment and Sports & Recreation - both with 72.6% - followed by Comics & Humor (67.6%) and Games (67.5%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Study dispels myth of what motivates brand advocates
- Survey: Product reviews influence more than half of shoppers
- Consumers turning from coupon clipping to coupon clicking
- Survey: Mobile security a risk for SMBs
- How multi-screens are changing brand interactions
- Ad RoundUp: Tapping into data solutions
- Survey: Mobile, video to lead ad's future
- BigCommerce release uses real time to boost revenue
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...