News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Media Rating Council drops advisory as ad viewability rises
As PointRoll's latest Benchmarks Report reveals that ad viewability has risen, the Media Rating Council lifts its advisory warning against advertisers using viewability measurements as trading currency.
Ad viewability and its measurement is a hot topic and well it should be with ad standards so low that a consumer seeing half an ad for one second passes as viewed.
However, measurement of viewability is improving, as is evidenced by today's announcement from the Media Rating Council (MRC). With the exception of viewability measurements for video advertising, the MRC has announced that "limitations on viewability measurement that initially led MRC to issue its advisory have been largely ameliorated".
The move comes after significant improvements have been made in determining the viewability status of an ad as well as a drop in the percentage of ads for which viewability is undetermined.
Data just released by PointRoll in its Benchmarks Report 2013 found that more ads were viewable in 2013, up 14% on the previous year. The analysis of more than 100 billion ad impressions found that 60.4% of online ads were viewable last year, as per IAB standards.
The publisher channels with the highest rates of viewability were Employment and Sports & Recreation - both with 72.6% - followed by Comics & Humor (67.6%) and Games (67.5%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...