News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
New research from Marin Software reveals that not only do search campaigns perform better when managed alongside social campaigns, but consumers that click on both search and social ads are more likely to make a purchase and spend more.
Marin's new report, "The Multiplier Effect of Integrating Search and Social Advertising", found that successful marketers integrate search and social. In particular it highlights that "marketers need to integrate their search and social strategies along the customer buying journey, thinking beyond the channel and focusing instead on the customer".
Why? For several reasons.
Firstly, search campaigns were found to perform better when managed alongside social campaigns with 26% higher revenue per click than search campaigns managed in isolation. Furthermore, marketers saw a 68% rise in revenue per conversion when search was managed alongside social campaigns
Secondly, it was discovered that consumers that click on both an advertiser's search and social ads were twice as likely to make a purchase as those who clicked only a search ad.
Lastly, consumers that click on both search and social ads spend more, contributing around twice as much revenue per click than users who clicked only on search ads.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...