News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
New research from Marin Software reveals that not only do search campaigns perform better when managed alongside social campaigns, but consumers that click on both search and social ads are more likely to make a purchase and spend more.
Marin's new report, "The Multiplier Effect of Integrating Search and Social Advertising", found that successful marketers integrate search and social. In particular it highlights that "marketers need to integrate their search and social strategies along the customer buying journey, thinking beyond the channel and focusing instead on the customer".
Why? For several reasons.
Firstly, search campaigns were found to perform better when managed alongside social campaigns with 26% higher revenue per click than search campaigns managed in isolation. Furthermore, marketers saw a 68% rise in revenue per conversion when search was managed alongside social campaigns
Secondly, it was discovered that consumers that click on both an advertiser's search and social ads were twice as likely to make a purchase as those who clicked only a search ad.
Lastly, consumers that click on both search and social ads spend more, contributing around twice as much revenue per click than users who clicked only on search ads.
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Retail websites' home pages failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...