News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
New research from Marin Software reveals that not only do search campaigns perform better when managed alongside social campaigns, but consumers that click on both search and social ads are more likely to make a purchase and spend more.
Marin's new report, "The Multiplier Effect of Integrating Search and Social Advertising", found that successful marketers integrate search and social. In particular it highlights that "marketers need to integrate their search and social strategies along the customer buying journey, thinking beyond the channel and focusing instead on the customer".
Why? For several reasons.
Firstly, search campaigns were found to perform better when managed alongside social campaigns with 26% higher revenue per click than search campaigns managed in isolation. Furthermore, marketers saw a 68% rise in revenue per conversion when search was managed alongside social campaigns
Secondly, it was discovered that consumers that click on both an advertiser's search and social ads were twice as likely to make a purchase as those who clicked only a search ad.
Lastly, consumers that click on both search and social ads spend more, contributing around twice as much revenue per click than users who clicked only on search ads.
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...