News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
New research from Marin Software reveals that not only do search campaigns perform better when managed alongside social campaigns, but consumers that click on both search and social ads are more likely to make a purchase and spend more.
Marin's new report, "The Multiplier Effect of Integrating Search and Social Advertising", found that successful marketers integrate search and social. In particular it highlights that "marketers need to integrate their search and social strategies along the customer buying journey, thinking beyond the channel and focusing instead on the customer".
Why? For several reasons.
Firstly, search campaigns were found to perform better when managed alongside social campaigns with 26% higher revenue per click than search campaigns managed in isolation. Furthermore, marketers saw a 68% rise in revenue per conversion when search was managed alongside social campaigns
Secondly, it was discovered that consumers that click on both an advertiser's search and social ads were twice as likely to make a purchase as those who clicked only a search ad.
Lastly, consumers that click on both search and social ads spend more, contributing around twice as much revenue per click than users who clicked only on search ads.
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
- Online Reviews: Consumers seeing stars, not content
- Amazon proposes 'drone zones'
- Google adds business foot-traffic data to search
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...