News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
New research from Marin Software reveals that not only do search campaigns perform better when managed alongside social campaigns, but consumers that click on both search and social ads are more likely to make a purchase and spend more.
Marin's new report, "The Multiplier Effect of Integrating Search and Social Advertising", found that successful marketers integrate search and social. In particular it highlights that "marketers need to integrate their search and social strategies along the customer buying journey, thinking beyond the channel and focusing instead on the customer".
Why? For several reasons.
Firstly, search campaigns were found to perform better when managed alongside social campaigns with 26% higher revenue per click than search campaigns managed in isolation. Furthermore, marketers saw a 68% rise in revenue per conversion when search was managed alongside social campaigns
Secondly, it was discovered that consumers that click on both an advertiser's search and social ads were twice as likely to make a purchase as those who clicked only a search ad.
Lastly, consumers that click on both search and social ads spend more, contributing around twice as much revenue per click than users who clicked only on search ads.
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...