News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Local Media Revs to push $158b
Look for more ad dollars to be pushed to the local level. That according to the new US Local Media Forecast from BIA/Kelsey Group. While the US economy isn't expected to see as much growth overall, experts believe advertisers will continue to push more dollars into the local space to reach consumers.
According to the forecast the local media space will increase revenues from $133.2 billion (2013) to $158.6 billion by 2018 with digital media spending pushing much of the growth. The digital local space is expected to see 23% growth, moving from an expected $31.7 billion (2014) to more than $52.7 billion by 2018.
"While the U.S. economy is not expected to grow very quickly over the next few years, we estimate the overall local media market will grow faster than previously thought through 2018," said Mark Fratrik, senior vice president and chief economist, BIA/Kelsey. "Based on positive trends in the overall local media marketplace, such as faster growth in online and mobile advertising, and the fact that national and local advertisers were slightly more aggressive in their advertising expenditures in 2013 than originally thought, we are optimistic on the entire industry's ability to grow advertising revenues."
Traditional media - radio, television, direct mail and newspapers - will be relatively flat during the forecast period, standing around the $106 billion mark. Political ad spending will likely push traditional media revenues during election cycles, but overall experts believe the traditional spend will be flat.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
- Survey: Retailers aren't ready for EMV deadline
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...