News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Local Media Revs to push $158b
Look for more ad dollars to be pushed to the local level. That according to the new US Local Media Forecast from BIA/Kelsey Group. While the US economy isn't expected to see as much growth overall, experts believe advertisers will continue to push more dollars into the local space to reach consumers.
According to the forecast the local media space will increase revenues from $133.2 billion (2013) to $158.6 billion by 2018 with digital media spending pushing much of the growth. The digital local space is expected to see 23% growth, moving from an expected $31.7 billion (2014) to more than $52.7 billion by 2018.
"While the U.S. economy is not expected to grow very quickly over the next few years, we estimate the overall local media market will grow faster than previously thought through 2018," said Mark Fratrik, senior vice president and chief economist, BIA/Kelsey. "Based on positive trends in the overall local media marketplace, such as faster growth in online and mobile advertising, and the fact that national and local advertisers were slightly more aggressive in their advertising expenditures in 2013 than originally thought, we are optimistic on the entire industry's ability to grow advertising revenues."
Traditional media - radio, television, direct mail and newspapers - will be relatively flat during the forecast period, standing around the $106 billion mark. Political ad spending will likely push traditional media revenues during election cycles, but overall experts believe the traditional spend will be flat.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: 1 in 4 execs want more transparency
- SMB Roundup: Launches to simplify content, listings
- Study tracks effects of Google search engine updates on user behavior
- Excessive use of in-store beacon technology decreases app use
- Report urges brands to go their own way and sell direct
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
Featured White Papers
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...