News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
Since the end of 2013, LinkedIn has added 23 million more members to its professional social network, bringing its total number of members to a milestone 300 million of which a third are in the U.S.
In a recent blog post, LinkedIn celebrated hitting the 300 million milestone reaching professionals in more than 200 countries and territories. Two-thirds (67%) of LinkedIn members currently reside outside the U.S. with the network recently reaching another milestone in surpassing more than 100 million members in the U.S.
However, as LinkedIn's SVP of product and user experience Deep Nishar explains, this is just the start for the five year-old social network that hopes to connect the entire world's 3.3 billion working population in time.
Later this year, LinkedIn will hit another milestone, says Nishar, when mobile accounts for more than half of all global traffic as more people login from a device other than their desktop computer.
Already the network sees 15 million profile views, 1.45 million job views and 44,000 job applications in over 200 countries viewed via mobile.
"In anticipation of the mobile moment, two years ago, we started developing multiple LinkedIn mobile apps to fit the different needs of our diverse members. Each of these apps is customized and tailored to a member-specific use case," explains Nishar in his blog post.
"As we expand our mobile app portfolio, such as our new SlideShare app, we're also focused on bringing on top-notch partnerships with companies like Apple, Nokia, Samsung and others. You'll see more strategic pairings throughout the course of this year."
Image via Shutterstock
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...