News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
Since the end of 2013, LinkedIn has added 23 million more members to its professional social network, bringing its total number of members to a milestone 300 million of which a third are in the U.S.
In a recent blog post, LinkedIn celebrated hitting the 300 million milestone reaching professionals in more than 200 countries and territories. Two-thirds (67%) of LinkedIn members currently reside outside the U.S. with the network recently reaching another milestone in surpassing more than 100 million members in the U.S.
However, as LinkedIn's SVP of product and user experience Deep Nishar explains, this is just the start for the five year-old social network that hopes to connect the entire world's 3.3 billion working population in time.
Later this year, LinkedIn will hit another milestone, says Nishar, when mobile accounts for more than half of all global traffic as more people login from a device other than their desktop computer.
Already the network sees 15 million profile views, 1.45 million job views and 44,000 job applications in over 200 countries viewed via mobile.
"In anticipation of the mobile moment, two years ago, we started developing multiple LinkedIn mobile apps to fit the different needs of our diverse members. Each of these apps is customized and tailored to a member-specific use case," explains Nishar in his blog post.
"As we expand our mobile app portfolio, such as our new SlideShare app, we're also focused on bringing on top-notch partnerships with companies like Apple, Nokia, Samsung and others. You'll see more strategic pairings throughout the course of this year."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
- Platform promises to connect marketers, consumers
- Mobile app shoppers generate more revenue than mobile website and desktop shoppers
- Mums turn to Facebook for recommendations and parenting communities
- Forecast: App economy to surpass $100b by 2020
- Report: Retail, tech lead for mobile video
- Report: Pressure is on for security pros
Featured White Papers
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...