News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
While paid search continues to account for the lion's share of digital marketing investment, Kenshoo's latest quarterly study shows how social ad spending is increasing at a faster rate year-on-year.
A year-on-year comparison between spending on paid search and social ad spending reveals that search continues to grow at double-digit year rates. Search ad spend increased 10% year-on-year with search advertiser revenue up 12%.
Meanwhile, the relative newcomer social saw spend increase 37% and social revenue increase by 191%.
According to Kenshoo's chief marketing officer, Aaron Goldman, the key to harnessing the success of both channels is to "approach search and social holistically and leverage advanced cross-channel platforms to automate and optimize campaigns".
"Search has long been the rock of digital marketing plans and will continue to be for its ability to capture intent and drive direct response results. The fact that search is still growing at double-digit yearly rates shows there is plenty of opportunity out there for scale," said Goldman. "Meanwhile, social advertising has clearly emerged as a vital always-on component of the media mix and its triple-digital growth in revenue proves that marketers are successfully converting social engagement into tangible business outcomes."
A recent report from Marin Software, "The Multiplier Effect of Integrating Search and Social Advertising", revealed that successful marketers are integrating search and social and that search campaigns were found to perform better when managed alongside social campaigns. Such a combination resulted in 26% higher revenue per click than search campaigns managed in isolation and 68% rise in revenue per conversion when search was managed alongside social campaigns.
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- U.S. presidential elections: Digital media use up, television still dominant
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...