News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
While paid search continues to account for the lion's share of digital marketing investment, Kenshoo's latest quarterly study shows how social ad spending is increasing at a faster rate year-on-year.
A year-on-year comparison between spending on paid search and social ad spending reveals that search continues to grow at double-digit year rates. Search ad spend increased 10% year-on-year with search advertiser revenue up 12%.
Meanwhile, the relative newcomer social saw spend increase 37% and social revenue increase by 191%.
According to Kenshoo's chief marketing officer, Aaron Goldman, the key to harnessing the success of both channels is to "approach search and social holistically and leverage advanced cross-channel platforms to automate and optimize campaigns".
"Search has long been the rock of digital marketing plans and will continue to be for its ability to capture intent and drive direct response results. The fact that search is still growing at double-digit yearly rates shows there is plenty of opportunity out there for scale," said Goldman. "Meanwhile, social advertising has clearly emerged as a vital always-on component of the media mix and its triple-digital growth in revenue proves that marketers are successfully converting social engagement into tangible business outcomes."
A recent report from Marin Software, "The Multiplier Effect of Integrating Search and Social Advertising", revealed that successful marketers are integrating search and social and that search campaigns were found to perform better when managed alongside social campaigns. Such a combination resulted in 26% higher revenue per click than search campaigns managed in isolation and 68% rise in revenue per conversion when search was managed alongside social campaigns.
- 61% of brand content on Snapchat is video
- Survey: Trust influences more consumers to share information
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
- Brexit, Trump leave marketers skittish about targeting
- Email analysis reveals extent of email attacks on businesses
- Report IDs the next big tech products
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...