News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
Facebook has some unique, compelling and highly effective tools for reaching your existing customers and prospecting new ones. But is it worth the effort to build up Facebook profiles?
Kristina: Should Facebook be looked at as an 'ad opportunity' or an 'audience building' opportunity?
Bob Buch, CEO, SocialWire: This depends on your marketing objective - if you want to build your brand and have a channel to engage with your customers as more of a PR or customer service exercise, then it could be worth the effort to build up your Facebook audience. However, for direct response advertisers looking to sell product, I would strongly advice against using that money to build an audience - I would spend it all on ads. Things like custom audiences where you can segment your own CRM file and target those users on Facebook enable the type of personalization that is typically only found in channels like email marketing. And since they are matching against the emails in your CRM file, there is no need to spend money buying fans - you can already reach your customers using custom audiences.
Kristina: What can brands do to better utilize their social media presence, whether on Facebook or another social network?
Bob: There are still a fair number of retailers still focused on using Facebook and Twitter to promote products organically, and then occasionally sponsor an organic post. Both platforms offer "promoted-only" posts, which don't show up to fans or followers, but only appear to those users that are being targeted by the ad campaign - whether they are fans or not. This means brands no longer need to worry about over-selling to their fan base - it lets them use Facebook and Twitter as true marketing channels and use the same tactics they would use on the open web, but in a much more native format.
Image via Shutterstock
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...